Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Ciarrai_IRL t1_iwggi9f wrote

I've noticed during recent years there have been a lot of foreign language films added. I think English speakers are being pushed out of our comfort zone to realize that if we're willing to read subtitles there's actually some really good foreign content out there.

Bewaretheicespiders t1_iwhrepm wrote

As a family who speaks 5 languages, its not 5 star foreign content they're adding, its mostly B crap. Prime is worse.

candy_daydreamer t1_iwgp0ps wrote

Yeh but most are from Bollywood

Ciarrai_IRL t1_iwgr1mv wrote

No. Very few in fact (that I've seen even pop up). Lots of Korean, Spanish, Mexican, Australian (they kind of speak English 😜), other European countries too.

R_V_Z t1_iwhx7ez wrote

I keep on meaning to check out Dark.

epictbone t1_iwgko02 wrote

Cool view! Have you considered breaking down the amount of netflix titles by cohort? For example, # of titles with less than a 50% RT score vs titles between 50-60 RT score etc. This would show you the distribution of quality and gove a clearer answer to your quantity vs. Quality question.

MincedGarlock t1_iwi447i wrote

I want to see this data stacked against the Hallmark Channel. Is Netflix trending to Hallmark level mediocrity 😂

FormerKarmaKing t1_iwi5t1x wrote

55 feels like the perfect description of the average Netflix show.

Like I don't hate it, I just can't be bothered, and I'm definitely not going to give it multiple seasons.