2. Post Malone - 9 Songs
  3. Weeknd - 9 Songs
  4. XXXTENTACION - 8 Songs
  5. Ariana Grande - 7 Songs

Top 3 Albums:

1. Ed Sheeran's "÷" - 5 Songs
  2. XXXTENTACION's "?" - 4 Songs
  3. Post Malone's "Hollywood's Bleeding" - 4 Songs

XXXTENTACION'S "17" is also set to have 4 songs sometime in 2023, he currently is the only artist with a hip-hop album with 4+ songs over 1B, and it's unlikely that any other artist will get that feat before his album "17" also achieves this, making him likely the only artist with 2 hip-hop albums with 4 songs over 1B streams, and possibly the only artist period to achieve two albums of any genre with 4+ songs over 1B. He is also the only hip-hop artist in the top 5, with Drake falling behind in 2nd place for hip-hop with 6 songs.

Ed Sheeran is far and away this decades most popular artist and is set to get at least 2 more songs in the BILLIONS CLUB before the end of 2023, if not more. All artists in the top 5 are likely to get 2 or more songs over 1B by 2023, asides from Post Malone who may only get one, if that by current daily streaming averages.

awal44 t1_iy15091 wrote

fuck me im old. haven’t heard a single xtencion song…

OGCrOwn OP t1_iy1ochl wrote

It's alright! I highly recommend his album "17", it's considered his best work among his fans and it's a very heartbreaking album that has a lot of versatility, that's probably XXXTENTACION's biggest strong suit was his versatility and genre-bending. It's hard to really place him into a box and I think there's at least one song he has that everybody can find enjoyment in. If you have a favorite genre or style of music, I'm sure he's covered it at some point and can show it to you!

DeadassYeeted t1_ixxqmjt wrote

The top 5 shortest songs on here are all by XXXTentacion haha

thesilverecluse t1_ixx2ksz wrote

So happy to see Glass Animals on there 😊

itsameluigee t1_ixx22af wrote

Now I'd like to see the payment for each of them.

It also reaffirms to me how out of the loop I am with Top 40 cause I don't think I listen to any of these.

chubs66 t1_ixzq888 wrote

Ya, for me the takeaway is that everything went to shit right around Pumped Up Kicks.

TheHotSaucePacket t1_iy0vu67 wrote

I am curious who listens to Ed Sheeran because nobody I know listens to him and I never hear his music in stores and I never see any articles about him. Must be all radio play?

st4n13l t1_iy1mdfe wrote

These are Spotify plays so clearly someone listens. I listen to him and all of my friends listen to him (not all the time but definitely hear him several times a month). I'm 33 FWIW.

Edit: I realize now you probably meant Spotify "radio" plays

MJTony t1_iy09lp6 wrote

Spotify pays the artist $100 for every 1 billion streams