Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jeuxdeboule t1_iy46i77 wrote

Some of those shells look like you really forced your way in.

0-Give-a-fucks OP t1_iy4aov4 wrote

My zeal for oysters will not be slowed down by a mere shell of the critter! I'm definitely not a pro shucker, but way better than anyone else in the fam! :)

zedkyuu t1_iy4u0oc wrote

Only way to get better is to keep doing it!

My preferred technique is to go by the hinge in the back, and one thing I learned regrettably late was that it works so much better if I wiggle the knife up and down in addition to left and right. I think I learned this after years of struggling.

walkstwomoons2 t1_iy40qzk wrote

Shucks! I wish I had been there. Now I’m hungry for oysters. We should go somewhere for lunch.

SweetCosmicPope t1_iy4c6mu wrote

I grew up in Texas in a beach house on a canal. The house was built atop a bulkhead with a boathouse and all that junk. In the water, along the bulkhead we'd get oysters growing.

During the cooler months, my gramps and dad would put a tall ladder down into the canal, get in the water with a screwdriver, a hammer, and a bucket, and would knock the oysters off of the bulkhead into the bucket. Then we'd sit on our dock, and crack open the oysters with a knife and eat them with ritz crackers.

Now I live in Washington, and the crazy variety of oysters you can get is amazing. I'm a big fan of kumamotos now, and they're almost all I buy.

kishajones91 t1_iy5t82h wrote

I could go for about 20 of those RIGHT NOW. One of my favorite foods! Mmmm!

MooPig48 t1_iy47fn8 wrote

Well yes you did lol. I’m not sure that what’s left on that plate qualifies as “food”, looks pretty crunchy 😂

I absolutely love oysters and I too would have snarfled them all down before I took a pic.

Lvft93 t1_iy43k1p wrote

Looks amazing

correeeyy t1_iy5hh7b wrote

Looks like west coast oysters. Yummy

iloveembig t1_iy5nbzh wrote

Freaking love oysters!

InevitableHistory631 t1_iy4lct1 wrote

Please tell me the Horseradish isn't for them

AGooDone t1_iy4pxk8 wrote

Reminds me of the time I ate here. Oysters as fresh as can be in rural Marin County.

HawkNasty12 t1_iy4qk0c wrote

I can hear the slurping from here.

PoochusMaximus t1_iy4pfzl wrote

did you refill the shell with vodka and a splash of tabasco, maybe a squeeze of lemon? if not...ya fucked up

windingtime t1_iy6xko3 wrote

If you get bored of raw oysters, throwing them on the grill with hot/buffalo sauce is great. You don’t even have to shuck.

0-Give-a-fucks OP t1_iy77w8w wrote

OMFG, why didn’t I th…… , lol. Good suggestion sir, I can vouch for the yumminess.