Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Neo_Techni t1_ir6kdrz wrote

Oh good, I was getting sick of being made up of beta matter

txredgeek t1_ir1bhde wrote

Calm down. It's a spec, not anything that actually uses it.

−1

rk5577 OP t1_ir1c2de wrote

A spec which was delayed for over a year and can improve IoT interoperability!

AnynameIwant1 t1_ir38o7l wrote

Actually it already has quite a few and many more will be available via updates. Google also said Android will support it and Apple will probably have it on IPhone soon enough.

https://developers.home.google.com/matter/supported-devices

https://www.cnet.com/home/smart-home/dozens-of-brands-pledge-support-for-matter-at-ces-2022/

txredgeek t1_ir3m9it wrote

"will"!="does". I see a lot of device types that "will" be supported. What actual physical devices support it now?

−1

Ashdown t1_ir7tujv wrote

Matter device options have been available in the dev betas for iOS 16, so arguing semantics is really all you’re doing at this point.

txredgeek t1_ir82ggy wrote

What do they connect with?

zoolover1234 t1_irzllat wrote

Devices manufacturers such as Eufy (and I highly believe all of the major ones) already work on the new firmware update to support Matter, for very long time ever since they (the group) announced the plan. Nobody could possible release firmware update even before the standard released. But we could possibly see the first ever Matter supporting firmware update in the coming days or weeks. But most of them should take no more than 4 months or so.

This is NOT like a USB4.0 standard where a bunch of people pave the road and people follow at will. Instead, it's basically the players making a plan while practicing according to the plan. Very similar to how F1 make/change their rules: before the change of rule made it to the public, all teams have already been working on it.

txredgeek t1_is04ad8 wrote

EXACTLY! Thank you!

zoolover1234 t1_is0gl18 wrote

You mistook me words. Updates will be out as soon as matter of days, instead of years like USB4, and all is needed is software updates over the air.