Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

WesBur13 t1_j272u6v wrote

I'm sorry what? The closest thing to that would be the M1 ultra which is only on MacOS devices.

iPhones and iPads are all using single SOCs, like every other mobile device.

Here is iFixit's breakdown on the 14pro max
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+14+Pro+Max+Chip+ID/153224

AadamAtomic t1_j273vit wrote

Chip shortages my dude.

You didn't know apple was selling the newest phone with old chips without telling you?

It's easy to become a trillion dollar company when only dummies buy your overpriced chinese phones religiously for themselves in their five-year-old children.

Apple is tricking you into upgrading your phone and paying for cheap as dirt Ram, to handle their purposely disabling updates.

The cool thing about Android is that there are hundreds of different options to choose from...fuck Samsung, go with LG... you don't like the great cameras and screens on LG phones then go with Sony, they have awesome cinematic cameras on their phones.

−17

WesBur13 t1_j275yx5 wrote

Lmao, they never hid that they used the same SOC as the previous year. It was printed plain as day on the marketing materials. The A15 Bionic was the pro model SOC. They just stepped it down to the non-pro the next year.

No one is forcing people to buy Apple devices. Not sure why it's any different from Samsung or LG?

AadamAtomic t1_j27fni8 wrote

>Not sure why it's any different from Samsung or LG?

Because of the Android you actually have options.... not just one single phone.... they are literally different phones... they are very different... Android phones are not all the same chinese clones like iPhones are.

−6

WesBur13 t1_j27i2t5 wrote

I mean, this is my last response for several reasons, but here are a few:

You made a dumb claim about multiple chips used in an iPhone when that has NEVER happened. When questioned, you changed your argument to another, non-existent issue.

Claimed Apple lied about the SOC used in the iPhone 14. They actually used the fact is was the 13 Pro's SOC as a talking point during its announcement. Not sure how that means they are hiding anything. Check it yourself if ya want.

As someone who actually deals with mobile devices on a daily basis, I'm gonna let you in on a secret. Almost every manufacturer does throttling based on battery performance. Lithium batteries cannot handle the current required for high performance as they age. They begin to brown out, leading to instability. Sooooo most manufacturers will limit core speed based on the voltage drips under heavy load. Was Apple's super aggressive? 100%, But they also do not have nearly the same issues with suddenly turning off as they age. That's also why dropping a new battery in will eliminate the performance reduction.

Calling Apple phones Chinese clones is the funniest thing I have heard all year. They develop their own OS instead of piggybacking off of Goggle. They develop their own SOC designs instead of using Qualcomm's. Are they assembled in China? Yeah, at Foxconn, along with about 40% of all consumer electronics, including most of the big-name brands running Android.

You are talking out of your ass, and it's hilarious. With that, I am no longer responding to this thread.

AadamAtomic t1_j27kre7 wrote

>Calling Apple phones Chinese clones is the funniest thing I have heard all year. They develop their own OS instead of piggybacking off of Goggle.

95% of the total iPhone supply still comes from China – and around 80% of all iPhones are made in a single plant in Zhengzhou, aka iPhone City.

Sure, some underpaid schmuck made the super simplistic Software on your country specific update, that doesn't change the fact that it's still a shit phone made with shit parts and only cost $120 to make, then sells to dummies for a 10X profit margin.

IPhone: $120 to make, sells for $1,200

Newest Samsung Ultra: $350 to make, sells for $1,000.

The Samsung phones cost more to make because they actually have quality parts,screens, and cameras.

Apple uses a shit AI to make your photos look good on their phone screens, but if you ever upload those photos to a computer they still look like shit.

To all Android users your photos look like shit because that's how they were taken by the shit camera on your iPhone.

Your photos only look good on the weird shaped iPhone screens of other iphone users.

−6

zhandri t1_j291kqd wrote

Since 14 pro max is actually 500$ to make, does that mean Samsung is using cheap shit parts since theirs is only 350 to make?

abaddon_the_echo t1_j282trb wrote

Seriously where the fuck are you getting the $100 figure from? You’re just pulling facts out your ass.

AadamAtomic t1_j2856fv wrote

>Seriously where the fuck are you getting the $100 figure from? You’re just pulling facts out your ass.

its not hard to find

−2

more_beans_mrtaggart t1_j2blz94 wrote

Well that was the most teenage rage thread I’ve seen in a long time. Literally everything you quoted was incorrect, and pulled right out of your arsehole.

So run along, and when your nuts have dropped, and you finally see the tech industry for what it is, rather than good guys/bad guys you can come and hang with the grown-ups.

abaddon_the_echo t1_j27xewr wrote

Apple haters literally foaming at the mouth, you’re even sadder than the die hard fan boys