Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Celtic_Crown t1_jadw0bf wrote

Additional phases. Especially when the battle changes in a big way, like the Medusa fight in Kid Icarus Uprising.

Gay_Charlie OP t1_jadwg69 wrote

I agree, I hate it when boss stages do not compliment each other.

Celtic_Crown t1_jadxeau wrote

Oh, I misread your post. XD No I LIKE additional phases (unless there's an insane number).

My actual dislike when the ground suddenly becomes dangerous.

SpyderZT t1_jadvgcy wrote

As long as you have the toolset to handle it, I'm good with all that. What I dislike is when you're given an obstacle your have no method of handling, and it's not being thrown at you in the service if learning / finding the counter.

Like a party based encounter where one of the characters is Randomly removed from the battle, and you can neither direct it, nor recover from it. So if the Wrong character is ejected, it's an instant Game Over, and it was just a Die Roll that determined that.

Gay_Charlie OP t1_jadvoda wrote

You can't pick one?

SpyderZT t1_jadx9l2 wrote

I mean, I enjoy them all equally, caveated as above. Any one of them will annoy me equally if there is no counter. That is the thing that I like least. A variety of challenge types make a game more interesting. ;P (I'm a person that likes Ice and Water levels though, so take that as you will)

Gay_Charlie OP t1_jadxj8c wrote

Okay lol, so which one is worse without a counter?

SpyderZT t1_jady7be wrote

I love all my kids equally. ;P

2 & 4 are functionally the same. So I guess if they're endless and you can literally never reach the end of reviving / additional enemies, that would be the worst. But there's exactly 1 game I know of that Ever did that, and it was awesome because it was part of the narrative and necessary. ;P

The issue with you question is that I can think of as many enjoyable variants of those items as I can think of badly implemented versions, and so none of them stand out "By Design".

Gay_Charlie OP t1_jadydwx wrote

(sigh)

Have a great day then.

SpyderZT t1_jadyip4 wrote

So which do You think is the worst then? o.O

Gay_Charlie OP t1_jadyz2m wrote

I personally hate a Compromised Arena. I don't mind jumping or dodging however some designs have it last way too long.

ricardo9505 t1_jae1o74 wrote

Talk talk talk talk. I gave up Witcher 3 for the second or third time cause he won't STFU. Way way too much dialogue.