Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

doctorhino t1_ja7xak3 wrote

Destroying entire buildings. It seems like full world destruction in games is just gone...

TragicTester034 t1_ja8d6b8 wrote

Yeah was sad when I found out battlefield 2042 had removed full building destruction from most buildings

AllergicToPoors t1_ja7x01w wrote

Going to the bathroom.

Deadboy00 t1_ja85llx wrote

Play death stranding for all your bathroom immersion needs

brian11e3 t1_ja8rse5 wrote

Breathedge lets you whip it out and pee on things, sometimes to your disadvantage.

SableHalloway t1_ja7y9jq wrote

Cleaning ourselves. Kingdom Come Deliverance and Sims are the only games with bathing mechanics off the top of my head.

Chevapler OP t1_ja9x0em wrote

I always wonder when there's a eat or you starve mechanic in a game why we don't get to release it

Sweatty-LittleFatty t1_jac0fos wrote

Red Dead 2, If you don't Bath, your stealth sucks because enemies can smell you.

Squid8742 t1_ja7xct5 wrote

I think it is caring about NPCs/empathy. Spiritfarer was so unique in where you got to dive into the psychology of why people were still holding on to their lives.

Every now and then there is a game that comes up with a NPC you have to feed or help so they can survive, those are super heart breaking to me but it is often a quest with huge rewards…

DoeCommaJohn t1_ja88wqs wrote

I feel like there are a lot of games that involve caring about NPCs like Stardew or Persona

dbarrc t1_ja7yiiv wrote

have you tried Cow Milking Simulator VR?

Capital-Goal-3123 t1_ja7wxc9 wrote

Using hands to open doors because every character in the world has the force and just uses it to open doors.

AeuiGame t1_ja802xt wrote

Actually doing anything with a gun besides just shooting it. Clearing jams. Managing real reloads, not just refilling the gun from an infinite pool of fully loaded magazines as long as you have bullets. Chambering rounds. Safety. Stuff like that.

IIZORGII t1_ja8dyj4 wrote

This sounds like the coplmplete opposite of fun, maybe well suited to survival type games though

AeuiGame t1_ja8ej5u wrote

I mean, games are about solving problems. Changing up what the problems you're focused on keeps things fresh. I find any game where you just go full auto constantly against bullet sponge enemies snore inducing. Every single bullet should feel like an actual event, but a lot of games measure health pools in magazines, not rounds.

Chevapler OP t1_ja9w46x wrote

I feel like VR has a huge impact on weapon handling. Get the new mag from your belt/shoulder, open the gun, put the bullets in like in Halflife Alyx

AeuiGame t1_ja9x1aw wrote

VR is massive for this type of thing. Absolutely love Into The Radius for this, takes it even further than Alyx does.

Paddy_Rick2 t1_ja8cowv wrote

Romance for me I think. RPG’s that have a fleshed out romance with lots of choices and consequences. It feels like most games with romance are linear, you either romance someone or you don’t and maybe there is a few different lines you can get depending on what you say.

And I am aware there is dating sims and stuff like that, but I am more refering to full on RPG’s that have fleshed out gameplay and a story with choices, but with fleshed out romance options that can maybe go down 5 different paths. With drama, jealousy, love triangles, romance affecting the main story, all that fun stuff.

Spartan_Cat_126 t1_ja8jf6f wrote

Unironically, using the restroom. I don’t mean that in a weird or creepy way, just that I never see or hear about anyone relieving themselves in games.

Paramedic229635 t1_ja9uu5x wrote

I can't remember the name, but when I was a kid in the 80s, there was a text space game were if you didn't use the bathroom, you would lose bowel control while teleporting to safety. Your molecules would then be spread acrossed the cosmos and you would lose.

rhyithan t1_jabmrdv wrote

Hitchhikers guide

Paramedic229635 t1_jabnx98 wrote

No, I'm sure that isn't it. It was an old dos game. I think the graphics were EGA.

rhyithan t1_jabnzyk wrote

Maybe one of the space quests? They were filled with fun ways to die that were almost impossible to spot first time through

Paramedic229635 t1_jabo6lk wrote

Could be. I remember it being short. There was one guard with a gun and another with a light saber (not star wars). No animations just still screens. I remember if you used the bathroom your character would go "Ahhhhhhhhh".

mylatehours t1_ja87c7u wrote

Mini Games!

Chevapler OP t1_ja9wdgd wrote

Wario Ware? I'm sure there's a minigame with ironing :)

DoeCommaJohn t1_ja894tr wrote

A lot of jobs. There are a few job sims like Trucker games and a few programming games, but most jobs don’t really have corresponding games

Bokko88 t1_ja9s2f0 wrote

Abortions

Chevapler OP t1_ja9wqif wrote

The physical act or do you mean having the choice? Just discovered you can kill your children in Stardew Valley (!) and turn them into doves. That's like a really late abortion

johnyegd t1_jabczv9 wrote

A survival game that is a survival game after more then 2-3 hours and not just a base builder

Infamous-Lab-8136 t1_jaclr1h wrote

Don't understand why games with survival mechanics make us eat, drink, sleep, etc like real life but few make you use the bathroom.