Submitted by ilove_bud t3_11cuycs in gaming

Curious on best wireless head phones for the like $200 price area for sound quality I do light multiplayer but mostly single player games was thinking hyperx cloud alpha wireless especially cuz it’s on sale now but open to other suggestions

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mpop1 t1_ja571hs wrote

it is a little bit over $200 (by $50 if you get a refurbished set like I did about 6 years ago) but the Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II.

And don't worry about them being refurbished I have (as said before) had mine for 6 years now, the batteries still last about 10 to 12 hours, All I have had to do is replace the foam on the ear cuffs last year. And they are very comfortable. I love mine. Plus they are great on air planes to block out the plane noises.

PathlessBullet t1_ja5fo2g wrote

Bose QC are very comfortable and have decent noise canceling. However, I would recommend Galaxy Bud Pros 2 over them for better sound quality at a cheaper price - the Bose sounds dull by comparison.

mpop1 t1_ja5hbu4 wrote

I have not had an issue with the sound. But the problem with ear buds (well for me, given my history with my ears, many operatoins when I was a very young child) I can not use ear buds as they very quickly start to cause my ears to hurt (a lot) For a few people ear buds don't work, so for me I will always be stuck with over the ear earphones. But i never had an issue with the sound of the bose.

OlTommyBombadil t1_ja5kvz2 wrote

Same, earbuds make it feel like I’ve jammed Legos in my ear. The sound quality is usually significantly worse too. There are good, high-quality in ear speakers… but for like $800. Otherwise, over-ear blows them out of the water.

Source: audio/video tech who produces music in his free time. I use Audio Technica ATH M60 headphones. They don’t have a built in mic though. They’re around $200.

himynameisyoda t1_ja5fvm6 wrote

I'm not that knowledgeable with sound, but from the basic research I did I just ended up getting sehnheisers 560s on sale for $100. best headphones I have had. check the "RTINGS" website > headphones > tools > Graph and look at frequencies. do you want more bass or treble? In the end you can just download and mess around with equalizers as well.

My noob philosophy is getting a close to equal base sound for all the frequency levels then just using equalizer which is what the sehnheiser 560s gets pretty close too factoring in the cheapest price/deals as well.

EqualizerAPO+Peace

SableHalloway t1_ja55dmp wrote

You don't need to ask reddit for every life decision. Google and YouTube have plenty of reviews for you to make informed choices.

−1

OlTommyBombadil t1_ja5l2d5 wrote

And you don’t need to be a dick

This is a gaming sub, for gaming discussion. Nothing wrong with asking a question and asking about the stuff people tell you. That’s literally the fucking purpose of the subreddit. Would be better if you went and watched some YouTube instead of posting on Reddit tbh