Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Love_Cannon t1_je7kyyl wrote

What on God's green earth are those abominations pretending to be N64 controllers.

Call-Me-Bingus OP t1_je7l2pb wrote

MadKatz Controllers. We have the originals, but these ones have better quality control sticks that don't get floppy from use.

Skwisgaars t1_je8i6rd wrote

They certainly look like they won't get floppy...

T-408 t1_je8s9hx wrote

I only have one OG controller from the N64 left…

I have three of the Mad Catz controllers!

RagTheFireGuy t1_je8ijvt wrote

hey, madkatz used to be good!

xerros t1_jeawy9k wrote

If there ever was a time that they were “good” it certainly was not during that generation. The only madkatz experience I have are with ps1 and n64 controllers and they were enough to convince me to ONLY buy official branded controllers thereafter.

adotfisch t1_je8jspp wrote

I have a red one that I always used. That turbo function was a godsend on the Canary Mary races in banjo-tooie.

psellars2 t1_jea1rvz wrote

Eh…I prefer to just simply use the originals and replace the control sticks (although it’s very time consuming it’s easy enough to do). But I say to each their own. We should be allowed to enjoy the games that we want the way that we want

JediChris8585 t1_jeaehh7 wrote

The height of MadKatz I always thought. Their controllers at the time were in frequently superior to official controllers.

Constant-Squirrel555 t1_je8dnus wrote

Y'all relationship prolly strong af if you're playing games like these which are made to break life long bonds

Drowsy_Titan t1_je7or0l wrote

Mario party 2 is some of the most fun I’ve ever had in my life. Absolutely perfect. I’ve been trying to find a copy for so long.

Call-Me-Bingus OP t1_je7sj63 wrote

He has his copy and I believe mine is still in one kf my storage bins. Kept the manual, too!

Drowsy_Titan t1_je7y9cw wrote

Sounds like you have 2 copies of the same game.....maybe you should consider selling one to make some cash!?!? 😁

Mistborn19 t1_je8ytif wrote

These games only go up in value each year. Selling it unless in dire need is silly.

−1

MutedHornet87 t1_je877bo wrote

Strikers was the GOAT…only on GameCube

AlPhA_DrOiD t1_je94dwu wrote

Those are some long-dick N64 controlers

maltratacholas t1_je9sk60 wrote

Relationship goals but wtf are those controllers

Full-Hollow-Tiche t1_je7lj3m wrote

Double dash is kinda goated tbh lol have a great game night don’t let Mario party do Mario party things to your relationship (I’ll never get over my ex who stole my star, like MY STAR?! Really??? Why not Bowsers that smug turtle asshole) lol

fedexmess t1_je80gdh wrote

Post how long you actually played. Don't lie. We'll know.

Call-Me-Bingus OP t1_je86r5q wrote

We're still playing. We started with Mario Party 2

ButtholeConnoisseur7 t1_je8chpi wrote

Man I miss Mario Party. It's such a better interaction with your friends than call of duty or similar

Blackbirds21 t1_je89m0j wrote

Toadstool Tour is still my favorite golf game of all time

TurkishDonkeyKong t1_je8e1l8 wrote

My wife and I play through most of the mario parties each year and track results while playing some mario kart on the side. It's the best and I'm happy others get to experience it!

Hate that mario golf though

KollinPorkChop t1_je8gauv wrote

If y’all play all of those games together, your relationship is stronger than a Nokia, State Law!

T-408 t1_je8s264 wrote

I could spend a week just on Double Dash and MK64, plus MP2 goes hard

Auran82 t1_je8s3if wrote

Ah Mario Party 1. I remember the stupid games where you had to rotate the stick in circles, and the best way to do that was put your palm on the stick and rotate, shredding the skin on your palm and probably destroying the stick itself in the process.

Liquidest_Ocelot t1_je8w6gl wrote

I would kill for a Double Dash remaster. Best game by far imo.

KnowNothing3888 t1_je92av3 wrote

Mario Kart 64 is still one of the all time best racing games. (imo of course)

The amount of fun I had as a kid with my friends on that game has never been matched.

Slowmobius_Time t1_je9gcc8 wrote

Ah man super Mario strikers was great fun, never see it get brought up with other Mario spinoffs but it was genuinely fun, every characters ultimate goal kick was awesome

Kaosmo t1_je9pal3 wrote

The gamecube isn't retro, that like just came out!

I can feel my beard getting more grey everyday

LordPegasusXD t1_je9rpna wrote

I think your controllers are excited to see you

limp3324 t1_je9s74x wrote

If you want to stay together I would recommend against playing 1v1 in strikers.

newmansan t1_je9yvmp wrote

I got hand cramps just looking at those mad Katz controllers.

MJtheMC t1_jea0orq wrote

Classic madkatz

insanoshaman t1_jea0uv8 wrote

Loved my N64 Mad Katz controller back in the day. Even when the backing fell off, the control stick was like brand new.

Beateride t1_jea7miz wrote

Mario strikers ?!?! Someone wants to end that relationship

mcninja77 t1_jea8214 wrote

GameCube being retro. Dude you're hurting me

LeftFaithlessness798 t1_jeb1n9x wrote

If you guys got a switch I'd highly recommend it takes two and unravel. Super fun couch coop and highly reliant on the other person so it feels like you're both doing important stuff.

66cev66 t1_jebjmxa wrote

Nice! Great game selection.

dark_LUEshi t1_je7mlg9 wrote

there's clearly 2 people there that you don't like as much as the other lol.

ghee the molding on those mad catz controller is absolute dogshit, really makes you appreciate the quality nintendo puts in their plastic, those gc controllers still look like new, just a bit polished by hands lol.

Call-Me-Bingus OP t1_je7nd1a wrote

I only prefer the MadKatz simply cuz the joysticks stay firm and don't lose their springiness

dark_LUEshi t1_je7nx0h wrote

lol that brand is forever etched in my memory as "the brand of controller you let the friend you don't really like use when visiting"

RedditIsDumbL t1_je8qqij wrote

Bruh those are literally sex toys. No fucking way those offbrand N64 controllers where just accidentally made to look like phalic shapes.

Sandee1997 t1_je8uclv wrote

it's me, I'm my sweetheart

RogueFartSquadron t1_je8xaoc wrote

I prefer single player games where my gf gets mad because I'm not paying attention to her.

(I am single and will probably die alone lol but this is my experience with gaming and gfs)

nealmb t1_je9qaqm wrote

Oh Mad Catz. Are you the younger sibling?

beardobreado t1_jeadz4h wrote

Did you know there are more than Whahoo games

[deleted] t1_je8hcfn wrote

[removed]

−2

Call-Me-Bingus OP t1_je8hfy1 wrote

What is it with these worthless trolls thinking they're clever? We get it, you've never had the touch of another human and it shows.

[deleted] t1_je8hhs2 wrote

Nope. We just use the real deal. That's love.

−3

Call-Me-Bingus OP t1_je8hk5i wrote

"We". Your left and right hands don't count as people. Best of luck to you with your angry, lonely life.

The fact you were mad enough at me to abuse the Reddit Suicide help report says all I need to know about you. Pathetic.

JUSTWHYWOULDIT t1_je7qenm wrote

Since when is gamecube retro? TF?

−6

Call-Me-Bingus OP t1_je7totg wrote

How about "Old-School" then? Does that cater a bit better to you?

Edit: Actually, no, I'm right. "Titles with an original release date over 15 years ago qualify as retro"

mtwstr t1_je7zwc5 wrote

There are as many consoles between GameCube and switch as there are between GameCube and NES, and switch is the last holdout from the gen before ps5/xbseries

nickman940 t1_je9a8uf wrote

Gamecube came our 22 years ago. That is definitely retro.

Stations like Genesis, N64, SNES, etc. are vintage.

HeliumIsotope t1_je9odpz wrote

Listen, it sucks to get old. Shits weird. But GameCube is fair to consider retro. SNES came out in 1990, and it's been considered retro for quite a while. GameCube came out 10 years later in 2001 which is 22 years ago... Shits old now, it pains me to say.

It doesn't have to be 16 bit to be retro. Just old. Like you(it would seem), and me. Even if you say retro is 30. Years... It's closer to retro than it is to being new. Time is crazy.

[deleted] t1_je7hmuz wrote

[removed]

−12

Call-Me-Bingus OP t1_je7hujv wrote

No, just someone, unlike you, who is happily married. It's okay, one day you'll (maybe) get there. Maybe you'll find someone like my husband.

−4

[deleted] t1_je7i5fz wrote

[removed]

−13

Call-Me-Bingus OP t1_je7i9r3 wrote

You are a fairly bitter little thing, aren't you? I wish I could feel sorry for you.

[deleted] t1_je7j7jf wrote

[removed]

−12

Call-Me-Bingus OP t1_je7jbb2 wrote

"It'S a JoKe BrO".

Isn't it almost bedtime for little kids? What are you doing still on your mom and dad's computer?