Submitted by Catty_C t3_126vk4h in gaming

What are some games that you have never played but enjoy listening to the soundtracks of?

For me it's the old Need for Speed games. I've only played the Black Box era games plus some newer ones after that but I enjoy the soundtracks of Need for Speed 2, 3 and 4.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Gulthrazda t1_jebmul0 wrote

Skull Girls, but more broadly fighting games. I'm trash at fighting games but they always have amazing sound tracks

c7hu1hu t1_jecntxi wrote

I'm not a fan of playing Final Fantasy games, but Nobuo Uematsu makes some damn good music.

w_paskee t1_jeb36ih wrote

The early Medal of Honor games, I love Michael's music except for a few hit and misses but he nails every score he does

derwood1992 t1_jeba3eg wrote

Probably Ancient Evil from Chicory is a banger.

bigeyez t1_jebvdtw wrote

Shovel knight

gvakarian_ t1_jebw7qg wrote

Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus.

The music from that game it's fantastic. I won't play it because I don't enjoy rts games.

jestermax22 t1_jeby9ez wrote

Mechanicus isn’t an RTS game; it’s a turn-based game. You have a few units that you move around a grid while taking turns with the enemy

Dragonfire2699 t1_jec0vo9 wrote

Ar tonelico. I don't remember how i first heard of this game because this is oddly specific but damn the sountrack has something special, i love it

Dont_have_a_panda t1_jechcku wrote

LOVE ar tonelico ost The third one has banger after banger

Dragonfire2699 t1_jee5bji wrote

Oh really ? Only know the first PS2 game, i really should look more into it because this soundtrack is totally my jam

Th3Xvirus t1_jecjkml wrote

I've never played Xenoblade but someone made me listen to the OST and I thought it was amazing, it has a track called Unfinished Battle and I've been listening to it for like 10 years

qqtacontesseno t1_jecldae wrote

Imperator Rome is one of my go-to OSTs for focus. The Oceanus music is engraved at my mind at this point.

Stellaris and EUIV also have incredible soundtracks, but these two I have played.

Giygas_8000 t1_jecmbky wrote

No such thing, if the OST is good, I immediately go give the game a shot

klkevinkl t1_jedc93l wrote

Metal Gear Rising was this for me for many years. I finally got to it in 2022

petek2FI t1_jednmwc wrote

IXION soundtrack. Works really well with Elite: Dangerous.

nnnbbbhhhggg t1_jeewfza wrote

The Elder Scrolls II Daggerfall!! The most beautiful soundtrack from all TES games, imo!

Broken_CircleYT t1_jefkkpe wrote

Life is Strange. Ok I technically played the first part of the first game because it was free but beyond that I didn't play it.