Submitted by psych-ology t3_zxd71x in gaming

I’m sure there are tons of posts like “where can I find games like journey???” I did love Journey, Inside, Sable, A Short Hike, etc. I really treasure quiet, thoughtful storytelling, and I prefer indie games (even though I’ve had a ton of fun with AAA games like TLOUII, RDR2, SPIDER-MAN, Ghost of Tsushima, etc.) Any good recommendations?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Timboron t1_j1zlke1 wrote

I really enjoyed GRIS, may fit for your request.

Wilhelm_c4t t1_j1zlu9o wrote

On the indie side I would recommend Firewatch, Gris, Child of Light and Celeste.

On the AAA side, I'm gonna have to recommend you the Bioshock series (you can skip the second game tho). Bioshock 1 was an incredible suprise for me. And the thing went full circle with Infinite (and his dlc's). If you like psychology, sciences ans philosophy, I think you will fall in love with this series ;-)

night-laughs t1_j1zkq38 wrote

A plague tale series. Insane storytelling. Play them in order tho, one of the best stories ever.

TiredHappyDad t1_j1znggo wrote

I can't recommend "the outer wilds" enough. Was so fun and unique. Try to go in spoiler free and enjoy the experience.

KChosen t1_j1zop46 wrote

The Mrs really enjoyed sky. Afaik it's free except cosmetics.

nullrecord t1_j1zqtft wrote

Outer Wilds

The Last Campfire

TOEM

Eastshade

wykah t1_j201dv3 wrote

Tunic and Horace

Coves0 t1_j21ecwu wrote

The Long Dark has some of the best ambience I’ve ever experienced from an indie game. Great game to play on a cozy night

Dr_Mocha t1_j22nuau wrote

Any of the Life is Strange games. First one is about making impossible choices and all the denial that entails. Second one is about empathy and compassion. Third one is about making a life in the wake of trauma.

That's how they felt to me, anyway.