Submitted by plepsi_slepsi t3_10oxqhv in gaming

Basically title. I’ve been wanting to play Ghost of Tsushima as well as Death Stranding, but is it worth splashing ghe cash for one? Not much of a PC gamer either, so ports aren’t an option for me.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

oD_M3LLO t1_j6hecnd wrote

I just recently decided to buy a ps5 to play the exact same titles and I don’t regret it one bit dude. I really like the haptic feedback feature on the controllers for compatible games which was a nice bonus to the decision. The only thing that’s kind of a downgrade in my opinion is the accessibility and customization you have available on the ps5 compared to xbox.

manofmatt t1_j6he1nn wrote

The two games you've mentioned are on ps4, so if it's only those get a cheap ps4 Pro.

6363tagoshi t1_j6hd00m wrote

It will last you 5+ years if you want to play games in spare time. There are few decent titles on PS5. Money wise look around for disc versions of the games it will save you little money.

HAIRYMAN-13 t1_j6hctmn wrote

If you had a ps5 already I would say don't buy the ps5 version of ghost as the PS4 to ps5 patch was enough

BaconAndWeed t1_j6hcuzf wrote

If there's games you need it for get it. Overall it's a bit underwhelming. Love the trigger for games that have it but that's about it.

AD_VICTORIAM_x t1_j6hdl5r wrote

PS5 is a beast for all that will come - series x will be good for the few exclusives

crystalshipusa t1_j6hepz1 wrote

Good question. I’ve owned in that order:

-Famicom -Master System -Megadrive -Super Famicom -PS1 -N64 -Dreamcast -PS2 -Xbox -Xbox360 (ring of death) -PS3 -PS4 -PS4 pro -Xbox one X -PS5

Of course I’m glad I own a PS5 and I don’t feel like selling it BUT it’s been the most underwhelming system I owned so far. It never really felt like a revolution, but an upgrade at best. I’ve upgraded Metro, Tsushima and Hitman and honestly couldn’t tell the difference or at least couldn’t say I enjoyed them more. In terms of quality TLOU2 on PS4pro is on par to what you get on PS5. It started well with Returnal and Rift Apart but after that… kind of meh. So yeah, faster loading times. Also controllers are super fragile and start drifting a week after warranty expires, and it’s bulky, and it’s ugly.

crystalshipusa t1_j6hfw42 wrote

So yeah sorry I got carried away and didn’t reply. Unless you’re a big nerd glued to your screen counting the frames per second, I think you’re perfectly fine getting a cheap used PS4 pro for Death Stranding and Tsushima. Also all the backlog should keep you busy until the inevitable PS5 pro/slim or PS6 shows up.

jnszltnqt t1_j6hglzg wrote

Exactly why i dont care about ps5 yet.

Theres barely anything on it thars not on pro and the backlog of quality games is insane

PrinceDizzy t1_j6hijov wrote

Yeah I prefer console gaming over PC and would definitely recommend the PS5.

qinalo t1_j6hjtkz wrote

PS5 was worth getting for me.

Ghost of Tsushima I played with a PS Plus Extra sub for 30 hours and got sick of it. I would not recommend a PS5 just for Ghost of Tsushima.

Death Stranding I also played for about 30 hours with the sub, and I can recommend playing it and finishing it, although I would not purchase the game to keep.

As for other games, I got the PS5 for GTA V and King of Fighters XV, both of which are excellent. Of the other games I played with the sub, the best were WWE2k22, Final Fantasy VIIR, and Yakuza 0. I also enjoyed Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy for about 15 hours, although I would not recommend it for purchase. My neice's favorite games were Stray and Maneater.

Games that were not my taste were Returnal, Spider-man Miles Morales, Gravity Rush 2 and God of War: Ragnarok, but a 1 month Plus Extra sub is such a good deal for you to try a ton of games and find the ones you like.

ProfessionalBread777 t1_j6ijg2q wrote

Just wait until there's a pro version. It has basically no games.

GroundbreakingSir42 t1_j6hdirh wrote

Why. Why people ask other people how should they spend their money man.

−2