Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ISLAndBreezESTeve10 t1_j7o6oy5 wrote

He dropped the baby before the beer… INSTANT CLASSIC.

dilletaunty t1_j7o955v wrote

I thought this too, but looking closer I think the baby is standing on a chair and lost their balance?

dubcatz6969 t1_j7oariv wrote

Looks like that baby was free falling. He kinda supported her with his knee I think. Baby doesn’t look baby about it haha.

Cedjy t1_j7rgihc wrote

I like to think he tossed the baby up a bit to catch the ball then catch the baby

ThiefMnemonic t1_j7ob86t wrote

right, or the baby would fall instantly because gravity.

Looks like she was on a ledge or wall and fell backwards in a delayed reaction to the ball. The father catches her instantly with nary a drop spilt! That's 2 bad ass catches in a short amount of time.

Reginault t1_j7offg7 wrote

Gravity is acceleration, not instant velocity. Baby starts at 0mph, if you catch it within 1 second it has only accelerated to 2.2mph. That's a plodding walking pace.

ThiefMnemonic t1_j7q6wko wrote

You left out the "actually" part of your post.

Gravity is a force. The baby hovered (didnt accelerate) after the dad let go. Gravity doesn't have a delay but yes you are right that full terminal velocity wasn't instantly achieved

Thus she was self supported until she fell back to dodge the ball. End of debate.

Deyvicous t1_j7q3ws5 wrote

I’m not sure many people could hold their phone stationary in the air while raising their arm overhead and back…. That thing is immediately accelerating. They don’t just cartoon hover in the air lol, even if the speed is low.

Deliriousdrifter t1_j7rjkmc wrote

That's incorrect, you dropped a 0. It's 22mph not 2.2. 22mph is a serious impact. Most people would break their legs after 1 second of free fall. You can avoid injury with training however

Gravitational acceleration is 9.8m/s in other words for every second an object falls it's velocity increases by 9.8m/s. After 1 second you're hitting the ground HARD. 1 second is a 16 foot drop

Reginault t1_j7rzxbc wrote

You right, I meant to write 0.1s since he snaps up to grab the ball quickly.

stoneman9284 t1_j7odcce wrote

Yea I think the kid was standing on the seat. But it does kinda look like he tosses the kid in the air to make a play on the ball.

canitakemybraoffyet t1_j84n8za wrote

It looks like baby is standing on top of the railing, being held up by dad's left arm supporting her back.

Ball incoming, dad has right hand occupied by beer so he removes supporting left hand from baby to catch the ball.

Baby starts to fall, dad is quick enough to get his left arm back in time to catch her, never risking the precious beer.

gothicsin t1_j7pq6pn wrote

Yeah the child was indeed standing on s9mething likely the back of a seat and lost balance so super dad reflexes shown catches ball and child with out spilling beer !!

13B1P t1_j7orjn4 wrote

Bro is BUSTED when he gets home. Sweet save or not, he dropped the baby.

YubNub81 t1_j7oboyw wrote

Eyeballs popping out of the woman's face behind him.

"Tell em Large Marge sent ya"

Mygo73 t1_j7qkgqr wrote

That scene used to scare the shit out of me as a child

nomorerentals t1_j7q4q25 wrote

I don't think she'd have the same reflexes as the guy does, my guess.

TheAserghui t1_j7oxqxu wrote

They cut their copy from the original too short, she has more reaction after the catch

Mjt8 t1_j7p66jq wrote

She’s still slow on the uptake, isn’t she?

mylekiller t1_j7o3gvr wrote

Legend status was secured that day.

Starlit_Night t1_j7oc36k wrote

What the heck is the man on the left holding and moving out of harms way? Some sort of jelly cone?

Starlit_Night t1_j7uwfzk wrote

I think you are right. That is very likely what it is. Not being a fan of baseball, I have never seen such a thing before. Makes more sense than wearing a wedge of cheese or watermelon on your head to show team spirit.

mackinoncougars t1_j7o5hfq wrote

If he had a thing of nachos as well we’d have started a new religion following him as a prophet.

DaveInDigital t1_j7sc1b0 wrote

this man has never made a second trip to the car for groceries in his life

StevetheEveryman t1_j7og2ub wrote

Props to the lady in the background for being emotionally present, in that moment.

...her face goes from "OH GOD! THE BABY'S GONNA FALL!!".....to....."WHOA, HE'S COOOOOL".

Menadool t1_j7qvn8x wrote

This has been reposted that much I'm surprised there's still pixels in it

oneflytree t1_j7o7gx0 wrote

First gave the baby a levitating potion 🧪

tehM0nster t1_j7p89e1 wrote

Those beer helmets totally make sense now.

Taro_Chimps t1_j7pgq21 wrote

The crop of this gif is 🔥 I love the mystery…😑

zebrahdh t1_j7q2rbt wrote

Has a baby’s skull ever been caved in by a baseball at a game?

yubnubmcscrub t1_j7q5fln wrote

The girl in the background is like “wow I almost died”

Hmccormack t1_j7odtm9 wrote

And alas the people celebrated and drank many beers

Rockytana t1_j7qoelr wrote

This is the best fan catch of all time, doesn’t spill beer, somehow he makes the baby float long enough for him to fully let go, reach into the air and make the catch in time to keep the baby from hitting the ground.

NOT000 t1_j7qsfot wrote

thought it was a velcro baby

Illest7705 t1_j7r1xbg wrote

Look how little the baby fell. You can see him working this out before catching the ball.

KRed75 t1_j7r82ce wrote

I was almost thinking he was holding the baby in one arm, the beer in the other then quickly let go of the baby, reached up, caught the ball and grabbed the baby before gravity could do its thing.

Jezzes t1_j7rzvzm wrote

the benefits of kid juggling

furyoshonen t1_j7s3lll wrote

This is clearly the play of the game.

RyePenn t1_j7s4hpj wrote

He absolutely did spill the drink.

cbunni666 t1_j7sdr1c wrote

Dad reflexes expert mode

theokaybambi t1_j7sdyym wrote

Yall underestimate the dad body bell grip.

SW1981 t1_j7sol2y wrote

This guy is a god!

sumguysr t1_j7v8wqf wrote

I see three horrified people reaching very slowly for that baby.

snacholo t1_j87ex9h wrote

Textbook dad reflexes.

serb41 t1_j7o558r wrote

This man is a HERO!

10202632 t1_j7o8sv8 wrote

Great men of genius

33saint1 t1_j7ogcsv wrote

So, he let go of the baby at the right moment, caught the ball while stabilizing his beer, recaught the baby, and started to raise the beer in celebration.

That was insane hand eye coordination

resourcealt t1_j7oggqt wrote

This could also be accurate if the baby had dropped their drink but then died

LupinClickTerror t1_j7oflth wrote

Babies bounce. You drop your $12 beer you're outta luck

−1

waun t1_j7p1jke wrote

Dad skills. Respect.

−2

WeAreReaganYouth t1_j7owet9 wrote

I swear Dad's don't get enough credit for their awesomeness.

−4

leprechaunshots t1_j7p96tu wrote

So awesome by the dad to choose risking dropping your kid over a beer for a ball!!!

massnerd t1_j7r2ixc wrote

The ends justify the means. Dad ended up with baby+ball+beer. Great success!

drager85 t1_j7pd6mq wrote

Kid didn't fall though, he caught the ball and the kid all while holding a beer.

leprechaunshots t1_j7q62lh wrote

The issue is about the father making the choice to drop the child for a baseball.

WeAreReaganYouth t1_j7pa5wk wrote

You know that grabbing a flying ball like that helps to prevent other fans from getting hit and concussed, right?

−8

leprechaunshots t1_j7pbugi wrote

Lol. I thought the first thing you said was pretty dumb but this is up there too.