Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dziontz OP t1_jd5n47c wrote

I do scenic carpentry for an events company. We use a hotwire machine to make our larger props. This is a giant tea cup to be used as a table base in an Alice in Wonderland themed event.

MrHuber t1_jd6hjqy wrote

A mess! You made a mess!

^Just ^kidding. ^Looks ^really ^cool.

zabuu t1_jd820y3 wrote

Would love to see the cutting in action

Dr-Retz t1_jd5onyg wrote

Wow could you coat that with something and make it a viable planter?

dziontz OP t1_jd60gij wrote

Yes! We will hard coat the foam. This large tea cup is actually the base for a table. Once it’s hard coated, we’ll put on a glass top. It will also be painted to look like a porcelain teacup.

thevogonity t1_jd6sfqp wrote

What happens to this after the event? The venue surely has its own supply of tables so they will not be keeping these and your next party is not likely to be another Alice in Wonderland theme. They're hard to store, so straight to the landfill?

This appears to be made of expanded polystyrene (EPS), the same substance that forward thinking cities are trying to reduce the use of to lessen pollution.

Creatively neat, environmentally bad.

dziontz OP t1_jd709zc wrote

Yes, I understand your concern, however, the company that we buy our raw material from recycles to scrap into new base material. So, actually, the medium and material is fairly environmentally neutral.

Tom_onion t1_jd5nng2 wrote

Definitely r/oddlysatisfying

shogi_x t1_jd5pcoa wrote

What in the wizarding world

IncuriousLog t1_jdbo2sv wrote

When I commissioned my custom buttplug from your company I was assured of the utmost confidentiality!

dziontz OP t1_jdcp216 wrote

Well, I hadn’t put your name on it, Steve, had I? But now, Steve, everybody’s gonna know.😜