Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

alx924 t1_iwfcnyu wrote

Reply to comment by Rhodog1234 in How an engine works. by ooMEAToo

The Storm was like half of a Camaro. I checked the curb weight of the two. The Geo was 67% the weight of the Camaro. So I checked the power. Depending on specs, the Geo was 57-67% as powerful as the Camaro. So I’m really not surprised you could get that thing moving so fast. The Camaro has a slightly better power to weight ratio, but only by 3lb/hp.

Rhodog1234 t1_iwfdevs wrote

Exactly! So many didn't realize how sporty and performative it was ... Plus it had the flip-up headlights which were cool af Imo

alx924 t1_iwfgt32 wrote

I had a 1992 Ford Probe with the 3.0 Liter V6 that my cousin gave me for free when my Jeep died. I drove that thing for 5 years with very few issues. It had the flip up headlights as well. I loved that car. I only sold it because I was moving out of state. My sister lived there another 4 years and she still saw it driving around. It was otter-pop blue, which was hard to miss. I remember beating mustangs off the line at stop lights from time to time. It was a fun car.

Rhodog1234 t1_iwfhfvn wrote

Nice .. totally forgot about those. Tbh I wasn't much of a Ford fan back in the day, but my cousin ( whose father had been a Ford plant employee so he got discounts ) had several different models over the years .