Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

WorldLieut8 t1_j0xxlni wrote

I find it ironic that a man who made a living criticizing the ins and outs of the American capitalist system in such a clever series of ways has become such a deranged pro-Republican mess.

PowerKrazy t1_j0y50rs wrote

His critque was always shallow though. He would point out that Dilbert's manager was short-term oriented, and was willing to make insane concessions to get the project delivered, but he never asked why, or ever tried to answer that question.

If you don't have theoretical framework that you are "critiquing" from, then while you can point out absurdities, that is all you can do. There is no understanding gained, no deeper meaning discovered. This means that if you become successful, you can't help but assume that you possess some kind of hidden knowledge that others who are not as smart as you, just don't possess. Then you become the point haired boss you were satirizing without the self-awareness that dilbert has within his comics.

sajvxc t1_j11dtmv wrote

I like your theory but I've always had a different one about Scott. He's the manifestation of dogbert. Always trying to manipulate people to further his own interests. The whole right-wing spiel he's putting on is just to sell his books. He's neither right- nor left wing. In fact I think he's politically quite agnostic. But catering to a right wing audience is easy, the lines you need to deliver are quickly learned and you can turn them into a devout following. Exactly what dogbert would desire. Notice that in most of his podcasts / videos / blogposts he mentions a book he's selling.

BadCapitalist t1_j0x7qlt wrote

He’s fighting off the women that want to fuck him. He can’t fuck them because he’s trying to conserve his sperm.

t33dup t1_j0x239v wrote

Liberals! Liberals everywhere! Hsssss!

touchingonmagic OP t1_j0x2d17 wrote

He’s typing why actually he’s right because if you think about it the definition of right is very subjective and if you think of right and wrong then you can see that he’s actually right and if you disagree your a Chinese spam bot.

Ottonym t1_j0zznlt wrote

Fuck that dude.

He's always been a tool.