Submitted by Beneficial-Fly-8992 t3_11rofsj in headphones

So.... I'm using a pair of beats pro. The ol goodies with the cord attatched! Lol. My question is why does my old galaxy s6 which is in 2 pieces have a better amplifier chip in it for headphones than not only my galaxy note 20ultra, galaxy tab a 10.1, moto g pure, moto g stylus 2020, or moto g stylus 2021???

And it's a noticeable difference to me (I'm 30% deaf)

The signal sent from the s6 has emotion and power behind it. All of the other devices feel flat unless I tamper with the sound settings. The s6's signal is lovely and powerful to say the least without tampering of sound settings.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

sorbuss t1_jc9imnk wrote

Why would modern phones have a beefy amplifier when there’s no headphone jack?

Beneficial-Fly-8992 OP t1_jc9iqaj wrote

True, but 3 of the 4 devices have headphone Jack's. But the s6 stomps them. If I hooked the headphones into a receiver would I get the sound I'm looking for or should I get a dedicated headphone amp

wijnandsj t1_jc9kskj wrote

two answers

1. the continuous quest to make phones thinner
  2. People do not want emotion and power. They just want pounding bass.

If you want decent sound out of a modern phone you'll have to spend 40-60 euros on a good dongle

sorbuss t1_jc9m3b3 wrote

Apple dongle is good enough

UnnecessaryMovements t1_jc9uhzd wrote

NOTE: for music if you have a music player that by-passes that android volume thing.

Even with my sensitive IEM the volume of the apple dongle sucks in my Youtube and movies