Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Chew-Magna t1_iu9dobi wrote

I have something in my ears the majority of the time, buds/IEMs at least 8 hours a day, then I have to sleep with earplugs. I've done this for years with no negative side effects. I just make sure to give them a break between the times I'm at work and sleeping, so I tend to use speakers or normal headphones the rest of the time. Oh, and make sure you're keeping stuff clean. The hardware and your ears.

ChipmunkCareless2877 t1_iu9bxzx wrote

I wear one at a time and just switch when the battery is low (~6 hours). I also work about 16 hours daily.

Dr-Georgy OP t1_iu9c56j wrote

Doesn't this get you tinnitus?

loopdeloop15 t1_iu9ozu0 wrote

If you listen at a reasonable volume, tinnitus shouldn’t become an issue, from what I know anyway. Correct me if I’m wrong

Corgerus t1_iua24ct wrote

I already have Tinnitus from my early childhood. I listen at 70 or so DB and I get no problems. But I do need to get my ears checked again because I noticed that my left ear isn't hearing as much treble as my right so music can sound a bit right sided. My recent test from 4 months ago doesn't show this.

snozerd t1_iuc6h19 wrote

How do you know you are listening at 70 db?

Fireballdingledong t1_iudy3nq wrote

Tinnitus will be caused if you have the volume too high for extended time periods, but with good noise isolation it's not difficult to keep volumes low.

UnacceptableOwl t1_iu9gkjm wrote

I listen to music for my whole work day, i swap back and forth throughout the day between iems and over ears. Probably winds up to about 4 to 6 hours with iems in per day. Hasn't created any issues for me.

Nadeoki t1_iu9w2zt wrote

All the time when I'm outside (going to and from places)

Using PlexAmp + Galaxy Buds Pro (1st Gen)

Mungkelel t1_iu9e6dp wrote

2 sessions with 1 hour and one session with 1,5 hour(Commuting to school and helping my parents on they‘re farm with my aria‘s)

exec-nyan t1_iu9jym9 wrote

Moved from multiple hours to less than 1 hour a day. My ENT advised me to tone down on the earbuds and get headphones instead. The problem is that they push earwax back into your ear canal; effectively counters your body's natural cleaning mechanism. I still use the headphones for hours though. I listen to at least 3 albums per day.

Solanum_Lord t1_iu9mv7f wrote

My iems come with me when doing chores, supermarket, and for exercise.

Most of my listening is on speakers or over ears otherwise.

dimesian t1_iu9s5gy wrote

When awake I have earphones in or sometimes headphones on. Occasionally when asleep too depending on intoxication level. I swap IEMs a few times a day.

cb_ham t1_iu9tgsp wrote

Depends on what I'm doing. I've got different things for different endeavors.

Out and about running errands? Galaxy Buds

PC Work/Gaming? Open backs or planars

Console Gaming? Closed backs

On a gig? IEMS

At home practice? Over ear monitors (mostly AKG's)

It helps deter me from pursuing a single endgame setup, but spreading out like this unfortunately is almost just as painful on the wallet.

imsolass t1_iu9ty0z wrote

I wear them literally 24/7 atm, the only time I take them off is when I shower, or if I'm cleaning one of them.

blargh4 t1_iua0wvw wrote

when I'm listening to something on my phone, which is a lot... few hours a day probably, but that's a matter of convenience, not preference. I don't really get this audiophile IEM craze personally, I associate in-ear buds with fairly disposable, uninspiring sound. They never seem to have the airy soundstage of good open-back cans, they usually to require a lot of nudging to maintain a seal for me, and many of them aren't that comfy to have on your ears after a while.

CringeCoetzee t1_iua9nkd wrote

Since getting a nice pair of speakers I only use my iems (shure se425) when I’m outside, on the way to work, uni the shops or wherever else.

I used to use those earbuds probably 6 hours a day and the most important thing is to watch the volume and keep them clean.

RB181 t1_iuab9wj wrote

I barely use any in-ears/earbuds since I got the Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 wireless headphones for my portable needs.

gr8john6 t1_iuaj1ds wrote

All day pretty much.

SecretaryIll153 t1_iub2l2a wrote

5 to 7 hours during the weekdays while working at relatively safe volumes (70db or below).

jvo203 t1_iub6xq8 wrote

Over 8 hours each working day, mostly Bose QuietComfort Earbuds (1st Gen) to block out the air-conditioning noise and the noise coming from the treadmill (WalkingPad) located under the standing desk.

At other times, when there is little ambient noise it is Apple AirPods Pro.

MentalThroat7733 t1_iubhost wrote

6-8 hours most days in the office and then usually 4+ more hours listening to videos on my tablet. I usually fall asleep listening to something too.

Safe is 8hrs at 85 dB, double/half that time for every 3 dB decrease/increase.

ExampleNext2035 t1_iubm9eb wrote

I listen 10 hrs a day when working (40hr weeks more sometimes).I work in heavey equipment and used to play loud guiter in bands so I think I have tinnitus anyway.I recently started listening to my kz sets at lower volume. 70 to 90 on my dap.Its max is 150 which is way to loud to stand with iems. I have jist ordered some oh10 ikko iems which hopefully will be better for my hearing. I will continue to keep thw volume low.

ericksteph t1_iuciobi wrote

I try to do not go more than 4 hours each day, 2 hours for enjoying the music, 1 hour for my job call meetings, half hour for workout and half hour for youtube media.

Sometimes I do 6 hours in case I want to see some movies or long YouTube sessions.

Always between 7% and 21% of the volume of my Galaxy S10e with a dongle dac.

Randolph_Carter_666 t1_iu9f612 wrote

Never. Earbuds suck.

−7

Dr-Georgy OP t1_iu9gqik wrote

Why?

CelltonCelsius t1_iu9iipu wrote

I think they are referring to flathead earphones, which are called "earbuds" in enthusiast communities.

I'm assuming you're using "earbuds" to refer to any earphone? I would change the wording to "earphone" to remove confusion.