Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

brndtt00 OP t1_iuhxcen wrote

So I installed the Hi-Res Audio sticker close to my phone's 3.5mm jack connector.

And.....OH BOY, it's like a whole different new world, I sold my D90SE/A90 combo, because this blows it out of the water. Plugged my 10 bucks IEM and it's literally sounds better than my HD800s.

But onto the review:

Bass: it's TEXTURED!! The best bass I've ever heard, it has body, goes down to like 2hz easily, my IEM shaking my while body, even my neighbor could feel the sub bass with this upgrade.

Mids: The mids became so so natural it's almost feels like the artist singing right in front of me, it's so chocolately, so unattached, separates itself from the lows and highs so well.

Highs: Probably the best part for me, my 10 bucks IEM has a but of sibilance, but it's gone, now it's sounds better than the U18T, I just only imagine how it'd sound with a better IEM, it even made my ultrasone edition 11's treble so smooth and non fatiguing.

Soundstage: With this, the soundstage of my IEM became better than the ESL-13A which is the best soundstage/imaging speaker I've ever heard, but it's just not a competition here, the Hi-Res upgrade sticker beats the crap out of the Martin Logans.

As you can se the sticker is slightly not in the center of the output, it's because my right ear is a little less sensitive than my left one, so I out it off center so I could hear balanced.

So in conclusion, this is the best audio upgrade I've ever did, and it's highly recommended, just be sure to out the sticker as close to the 3.5mm jack as possible, because it could make sounds worse if the distance is too big.

ReekyRumpFedRatsbane t1_iuig121 wrote

Did it make them sound more musical, though?

brndtt00 OP t1_iuigdlu wrote

Yes, absolutely, you just have to think about hard enough, and it makes it real

Egoexpo t1_iuj99we wrote

>chocolately

brndtt00 OP t1_iuja0po wrote

I swear I read that in an actual review, but can't remember where, or maybe I just saw it in a meme.

mangobiriyani t1_iuisleh wrote

Have you tried the platinum Hi-Res sticker? It makes the Delta Air earphones sound like the HE-1

brndtt00 OP t1_iuisvrz wrote

Oh shit, are there anY? :O

I only got this :( but now I know there are better options out there, it'll just sound shit :/

atwl77 t1_iuhzl28 wrote

Lol that's almost as blingy as my Fiio FDX 😅

brndtt00 OP t1_iuhzs1e wrote

I like the FDX in gold, but I've only seen it in pics.

hextanerf t1_iuic40s wrote

But what's that gaudy iem in the photo?

brndtt00 OP t1_iuichhq wrote

Lafitear LF3 Plus, ultra cheap stuff, bought it for like 10 bucks, sounds pretty good for the price, bit bassy for me, but nothing a little EQ couldn't fix.

tupisac t1_iuj93qq wrote

Ah yes, very popular kind of upgrade in many engineering circles.

Usually stickers simply add horsepower, like MOTUL or AlpineStars logo. But in this case we have a rare example of a whole bundle of upgrades crammed into one tiny sticker.

Powerful stuff.

brndtt00 OP t1_iuj9xr0 wrote

It's pretty powerful, it's even charging my phone. But since someone told me that there is a platinum version of this sticker is available, idk, honestly since then, it's sounds kinda shitty :(

Jellybingus t1_iuinae6 wrote

But are you using an audiophile internet switch?

brndtt00 OP t1_iuiopa1 wrote

Yeah, an audiophile switch connected to my phone via an audiophile grade 64 bit 1456KHz capable cable and a pure gold USB to Ethernet

ThelceWarrior t1_iuj377e wrote

POCO X3 Pro is a based phone until the motherboard randomly dies like they usually do.

Also do remember to disable the audio effects on it lol.

brndtt00 OP t1_iuj4595 wrote

I like this phone. I heard it only affects phone to a certain mfg date, after that they're okay. It is only 8 months old, so time will tell.

I'm using Pixel Experience 13, i wiped the stock MIUI, even tho I like some of it's features, i can't stand MIUI

ericksteph t1_iujntk5 wrote

Wow! Could you, please, tell me where can I buy the sticker? Also, it will be cool if you could tell me how to identify the original one. Thanks bro! Now I am gonna hear the truth HiFi music!

brndtt00 OP t1_iujodui wrote

I found it one of my dad's audio stuff's box :(

But there are a lots of fake ones unfortunately, they're 1:1 but they makes your stuff sounds shit :( so it's basically trial and error.

ericksteph t1_iujp6x2 wrote

:( it seems that I am about to spend a lot money during this journey... Well, one day I could be at that high level, fortunately I have a pair of SORNY with extra baseless and pretty high unfidelity sound, I guess I am on the right track.

brndtt00 OP t1_iujpetg wrote

You could tune that SORNY with a genuine Hi-Res sticker, just try to scrape off one from a high end device like a DAC or AMP

ericksteph t1_iujppbd wrote

True! I am gonna try that out!

xD this is so funny

brndtt00 OP t1_iujq4r3 wrote

Just be sure you don't damage the sticker, because it could cause artifacts and distortion in the sound, i made that mistake once.

If you do everything right the sound of the "Highest-Fi" will open up, and there's no way back, from that point everything without the Hi-Res sticker will sounds dull and lifeless

ericksteph t1_iujr7vd wrote

Hahahaha I cannot go further more xD

brndtt00 OP t1_iujrkws wrote

After this sticker upgrade you literally won't be able to go any further. Like the endgamest endgame, there's nothing after this.

Okay, I'm stop now.

NonBinaryP t1_iukad76 wrote

still a good phone? the deaths are scary and I could buy it used for 150€ hm