Submitted by imperceptibly t3_z6pxbk in headphones

So, recently I've experienced a bizarre issue related to the build quality of my U12t and am wondering if this is a common issue with the U12t or any other 64 Audio IEMs. Not looking for tech support or RMA instructions; I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this as it's really putting me off buying anything else from 64 Audio given how much I spent just to have something fail in this way.

So anyway, the issue is as follows: after using my U12t for about a week or two, I began to notice that the faceplate on one of the units felt "squishy", for a lack of a better term, when pushed on. Within a day or two after that, the other unit was doing the same thing, and the original unit exhibited visible separation on the edge opposite of the apex module of at least a millimeter from the body of the unit. Within 24 hours the faceplate of the original problem unit had further detached and appeared to only be held in place by the apex module tube itself.

Is this a typical mode of failure or do I just have mutated caustic glue-dissolving skin oil? As far as I can tell, the faceplates of the U12t are only held on by a very thin ring of glue, despite overhanging the shell and being the only surface to grip when removing the IEM from your ear.

Comments