Submitted by RobynDeMol t3_z569lr in headphones

To hear bass you must play a track that contains bass.

(To anyone ever shit-talking the HD600's low-end: I'm afraid you must be clinically deaf, that or you don't own a pair.)

Driven with USB-interface --> cheap amp --> my ear cavity

EDIT: Post applying harman oriented Peace values.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

klogg4 t1_ixucp2y wrote

>To hear bass you must play a track that contains bass.

It's the opposite - to hear the lack of bass you must play a track that contains bass.

(more shitposts, let's go)

RobynDeMol OP t1_ixud7sl wrote

To my personal beliefs I'd say hearing bass where it's intended, no more no less, is fundamentally what makes a good pair of cans. This ofcourse only considering potential low-end capabilities.

I just completely disagree with the sentiment that bassheads cannot find an appropriate amount of energy in the low-end, I'm really not experiencing dissatisfaction at all and don't see how the majority of customers would, not including extremes on the listeners spectrum.

−3

klogg4 t1_ixueu0h wrote

>I'm really not experiencing dissatisfaction

Good for you. What people talk about is the lack of subbass, 20-80 hz. Every Sennheiser of this series has this problem, and it would be ignorant to argue that. Yes, that doesn't make them necessarily worse, especially considering it's not that needed in most genres, but the problem is there and it's worse than even some competing open-backs, like AKG K6**/K7** series.

RobynDeMol OP t1_ixufefz wrote

I wont challenge your argument regarding the readings.

I'm just trying to make a point that these are perfectly serviceable, in a realistic usecase scenario. thanks for mentioning the technicalities though, cheers.

RB181 t1_ixujjat wrote

I bought a pair of HD 600s so the pretentious fanbase would leave me alone. I still don't like them.

klogg4 t1_ixusjyb wrote

That's the man. Boys buy headphones to tell everyone how cool they are. Chads buy them to say everyone that they're shit.

PutPineappleOnPizza t1_ixuiaqh wrote

That and a little bit of EQ for certain genres. My HD 6XX don't lack bass for me either, but sometimes, when I really need more, I simply EQ it in. Sadly tubes don't give me as much bass as I expected. Like none at all even.

ConsciousNoise5690 t1_ixumnzp wrote

>Sadly tubes don't give me as much bass as I expected. Like none at all even.

They shouldn't. A good amp simply amplifies, no salt and pepper added.

What can happen: tube amp often have a higher output impedance.

Combine this with a low impedance headphone and the damping ratio drops to much (headphone impedance/ amp headphone out impedance). This yields a bloated bass. Gladly you have a high impedance headphone (300 Ohm) so you won't have this problem.

−1

PutPineappleOnPizza t1_ixuq6pr wrote

I really wonder why so many reviews act like it's a night and day difference then :/ I want my salt and pepper lol.

I am thinking about getting rid of my TA-26 and saving up for a Eufonika H5 with Miflex capacitors. Just as a last try with tube amps. The TA-26 is slightly softer than my FiiO, but only by a very, very tiny amount, almost not noticeable (I've volume matched like a madman and tested around a lot). The difference is not worth the price imo, but I'm not done just yet. I like the looks of tubes and that one amp is on my list now. That and a pair of ZMF, then I will run away from here and never look back lmao.

ConsciousNoise5690 t1_ixurgf8 wrote

> I like the looks of tubes

What about this one: https://wooaudio.com/amplifiers/wa7

PutPineappleOnPizza t1_ixurpy7 wrote

looks very clean but this is more to my liking (also holy heck that wa7 is kinda expensive, I wanna stay below 500€) :) handmade in all of its glory. I think this is basically the European Bottlehead Crack alternative. I have no idea if this will change a damn thing, but this and a pair of ZMF will complement each other beautifully.

ExiledSanity t1_ixvsgub wrote

Of.course they have bass...and it's fine for most tracks.

They roll off in the sub bass region and if you are looking for a lot of power in that region they can be disappointing.

95% of what I listen to the HD600 has plenty of bass.

kazuviking t1_ixubr20 wrote

Or your ears are more sensitive to bass, in linuses video there was a +-10dB difference in bass perception.

RobynDeMol OP t1_ixuev15 wrote

did not consider this, to be fair.

What is objectivity even in this branch of technology

Extrapaj t1_ixuemzq wrote

Or just put a bass shelf.