Submitted by Schweppes1783 t3_10ffpx2 in headphones

I've recently discovered the BTR7's and i got really excited about them. I wanna buy a new pair of IEMS (timless ae more specifically) and I don't know how it's gonna work with the BTR7. Is it overkill?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Klarseolt t1_j4x2n1a wrote

It kinda is. BTR5 is more than enough for those. Or you can get utws5 if you want wireless experience.

TraditionContent9818 t1_j4x76bp wrote

Ooor you could just get the Apple dongle and spend the extra 200 $ (insert here the equivalent for your currency) on better iems. This actually brings you to the thieaudio oracle / clairvoyance territory.

Just my 2 cents here, buy whatever makes you happy.

abhikkp t1_j4x95jh wrote

A quick word of caution: I think the Oracles and Clairvoyance *do* require a decent amount of power to sound their best. So if you're going to allocate all of your budget towards just the IEMs themselves, I'd pick something more efficient.

TraditionContent9818 t1_j4xb9zn wrote

For some reason i can find sensitivity but not impedance figure for the oracle.

Moondrop variations seem easier to drive based on figures.

abhikkp t1_j4x4j5z wrote

I just got the 7HZ Timeless AE last week! While it is fairly power-hungry compared to most other relatively cheap IEMs I've tried, I've been able to run it right off of my phone using the Apple Dongle with no problem (volume around 70-80%). When I paired the Timeless with a variety of delta-sigma sources, the Apple Dongle, my M1 MacBook Air, DD HiFi TC44C, and Ferrum Erco, I really didn't find that much of a difference in bass response.

At the end of the day, you should do what you enjoy most. If you want the BlueTooth capabilities of the BTR7, go for it! But if you're just going to use it as a phone dongle, you may want to reconsider.

No-Context5479 t1_j4x7gy4 wrote

Do you already have the BTR7?

Schweppes1783 OP t1_j4x7onu wrote

Nope

No-Context5479 t1_j4x8e44 wrote

Then get the Qudelix 5K rather to go with your Timeless AE u/Schweppes1783

metalrufflez t1_j4zmgfy wrote

Couldn't agree more. The app/chrome extension are amazing, continuous updates, PS5 compatibility and EQ over USB-C.

The additional power of the BTR7 will be "wasted" on the Timeless