Submitted by iSpoof_YT t3_10ke3ux in headphones

I purchased the Sony WH-1000 XM4, on Amazon for a REALLY good price ($125+ Tax). I like the design and audio quality, but every headphone I buy, both my ears have this somewhat small but growing pain/uncomfortableness when putting them on. It’s quite literally instant. I always try to readjust it, but the pain is always there. At times I can get use to it, but other times I just want to rip my headphones off and just outright break it because of the pain I feel on the (crura) anthelix & helix of my ears (most notable the left one). It’s already past the return windows, even with the holiday extension thing. Is there anything I can do to make it comfortable or at least not feel like I want to rip off my own ears.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

pinkcunt123 t1_j5q4x2i wrote

You need a headphone with more space for your ears then, or have to switch to in ears altogether.

iSpoof_YT OP t1_j5q51ds wrote

Would buying thicker ear pads be a good solution?

pinkcunt123 t1_j5q61gn wrote

Could also work, but they will affect the sound, so be warned.

ultima-ratio-populi t1_j5q66rr wrote

Stig1990 t1_j5qg8ub wrote

I absolutly love the dekoni pads for my sennheiser hd58x and my beyerdynamic dt880 but I very much dislike the dekoni pads for my grado rs1.

ultima-ratio-populi t1_j5qgv5m wrote

The folks in the thread I linked mostly dig the suede pads on the XM4

I'm digging em on my focal clears, I just bought a pair for my XM3s a couple minutes after someone downvoted that comment you replied to without explaining themselves

[deleted] t1_j5q4m3d wrote

You're ears are working if you notice how bad they sound stock

Overall_Falcon_8526 t1_j5smaas wrote

Why do people make comments like this? The OP says they like the sound quality. Why crap on someone else's purchase and opinion?