Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Entertainnosis t1_jac1ub1 wrote

As I understand it stops automatically once you’re out of the country. Once you’re back and have a US SIM card back in the phone it should go away.

ansky201 t1_jacri5d wrote

How do you turn off the shutter sound in the US? Mine is on by default and I can't find a way to turn it off.

Entertainnosis t1_jacxuub wrote

Are you on iOS 15 or above?

ansky201 t1_jadeurt wrote

I'm on 16.2

Entertainnosis t1_jadhk9g wrote

Should work in that case.

Make sure your region is set to a country other than Japan, location services are switched on, and you have a SIM card issued from the country you’re in.

That’s all!

Edit: one other overlooked thing, the phone has to be on silent.

Ssimon2103 t1_jac4zbj wrote

Imagine your countrymen being so pervertedly creepy that your country mandates a shutter sound for cameras so that the creeps can’t take unnoticed pictures under your skirt.

PeanutButterChicken t1_jacfif7 wrote

Imagine being ill-informed and racist

There is no law, no mandate. Manufacturers do it voluntarily.

−15

ArmorOfMar t1_jadht5p wrote

You are just flat out wrong on this one buddy

PeanutButterChicken t1_jacfkvf wrote

You just need to put a SIM from a different country, it goes away. Source: Me, whenever I go on vacation with my iPhone

Crack_uv_N0on t1_jad4tnl wrote

I live in the USA. I bought both my current iphone (13 Pro) smd my previous iPhone (X) in the USA. Both were bought in the USA. Both make shutter sounds. You were misinformed.

−7

nolan816 t1_jadxuq9 wrote

In Japan and Korea, to my understanding, the shutter sound is always on whether the phone is on silent or not to stop people from taking unwanted pictures. The shutter sound on an American iPhone is only there on ringer mode.

Crack_uv_N0on t1_jaeiwvm wrote

Thank you. I was unaware of it. I have a feeling I was not in a distonct minority. This means a person will have to back to turning the ringer volume back up.