Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BluehibiscusEmpire t1_j9ykkzv wrote

The odds of this being stolen are exceedingly high.

DryCustomer t1_j9xc4gw wrote

Don't have a computer? You will have to go to the apple store or someone with a computer and itunes.

beaner_town04 OP t1_j9xc8ph wrote

I’m trying to buy this off of someone but they’re pretty far away so I’d rather have them fix it before I go pick it up. Lookikg for a solution. What would you do after you plug it into a computer?

−154

NotMrCurrentAffairs t1_j9xhdk7 wrote

DO NOT BUY IT

beaner_town04 OP t1_j9xi8c8 wrote

oh ok yea is there a reasoN?

−109

ToffeeCoffee t1_j9xj4h4 wrote

It needs to be restored, might be a stolen phone that got wiped. If you buy it as it is, and restore it you might find that it's activation locked to the previous owner's appleid, and you will be left with an expensive brick.

If so seller will probably be, the phone is just fine, you just have to restore it in iTunes. blah blah blah

beaner_town04 OP t1_j9xj7a0 wrote

ok thanks yea i wont buy

paulstelian97 t1_j9xvfry wrote

If the seller restores the phone and gets you past the activation lock screen (IN PERSON) then feel free to buy the phone. Otherwise you'd just buy a brick.

Robertbnyc t1_j9z24uj wrote

If it was not stolen, the seller would have unlocked it so that he can get the most money for it. Since he’s selling it like this as is, it’s very shady.

DeathRumble t1_j9xkypl wrote

You must tell the seller to install new ios with you. If at the initial screen it asks for an ID, then this telephone is stolen, and it cannot be unlocked without the help of the service

iNeedAnAnonUsername t1_j9zd65g wrote

I recognize I’m commenting a bit late, but it’s technically not the initial screen. It’s when the phone activates, which is after the WiFi setup screen where you either connect to a wifi network or select the option to activate over cellular.

I’ve heard sad stories about people selecting the language and region and assuming they’re good to go since they got through a couple of setup steps.

I tell people to just try setting up the phone by skipping everything until you see the Home Screen, and that’s how you can be certain it’s safe. Then just erase the phone again to get back to the setup screens. It’s annoying, but it’s not too hard and just takes a couple minutes.

TrippnThroughTime t1_j9yusw1 wrote

Why do people ask this question? There’s literally a web address on the screen, not to mention the image displayed

Financial-Text4133 t1_j9yo9k3 wrote

It literally shows in the screen to plug it into a computer 😂😂

DoogleLMAO t1_j9xmfo4 wrote

As it says to do. Get your Mac/dekstop and go to the web Al the way be connected to your iPhone with you desktop

[deleted] t1_j9yhkfu wrote

[deleted]

HYE746 t1_j9yjpjs wrote

Brutal. Keep in mind that this might be an 8 yr old kid about to get finessed by a stolen product

beaner_town04 OP t1_j9zpk3f wrote

thats what i was thinking.. the dude said he didnt have a computer so i decided not to purchase it

npete t1_j9z3x0u wrote

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

AutoModerator t1_j9xbpnn wrote

It looks like you might be looking for help or support. Basic questions may be removed, so please search the sub and check the Support FAQs before posting.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

mrbill317 t1_j9zyyr1 wrote

Connect to a pc or mac with itunes.

CraziestPenguin t1_ja0rqr5 wrote

Uh. Let’s see. It wants you to plug it into the computer…. And it gives you a URL to go to with instructions of what to do. Why are you here?

medicatedblunt420 t1_j9yw4ud wrote

Install 3uTools on your PC and connect your iPhone to it. Use the feature “Log out of Restore Mode” and it will take it out of restore mode. Or you can search online for the button combinations to get it out of DFU/restore mode.

microChasm t1_ja18pad wrote

Timing is critical. You need to force restart the iPhone. No more than one button is pressed at a time during this process.

1. Press and release Volume Up button
  2. Press and release Volume Down button
  3. Press and hold the Side/Power button on the right side of the device until you see an Apple Logo and then release

Sometimes you have to press and hold the Side button for a longer period of time than you might think. I had to hold that button for up to a minute (60 secs) once.

DweEbLez0 t1_j9yj9jh wrote

You plug the phone into the computer and make love updates!

oOLunaLinxOo t1_j9yjpx2 wrote

You need to restore it on a computer on iTunes

Flench04 t1_j9zr0fm wrote

Connect it to iTunes or Finder and restore it.

3dogdad t1_j9zvos6 wrote

Restore mode doesn’t always mean it was stolen.

Have your carrier check the imei to confirm, but on that phone, holding down power after quickly pressing and releasing up and down volume will do a restore.

Random_Created t1_ja0a913 wrote

Get a computer, start iTunes, connect a cable. Reset the phone. If locked by iCloud the previous owner has to remove it and make it available.

Chapman8tor t1_ja0q99e wrote

Have you tried putting on those glasses?

charlieebe t1_ja0sf9v wrote

Plug into your computer and reinstall the firmware

GodlikeRage t1_ja0yjda wrote

I will never buy a used phone smh …

kollingamer72 t1_ja29r4k wrote

tbh this happened to my iphone 5s. I just force restarted it and it’s gone

Vrikes t1_ja2kuo0 wrote

I just did a restore for my iPhone and I had the same screen. Basically all you have to do is plug it into a PC and open iTunes and it’ll prompt you to do a restore

Nintendocub t1_ja4xwh9 wrote

Follow the literal one instruction it’s giving you

Tyrichyrich t1_j9xyrqx wrote

I think there’s a button combo to reset, but I don’t know what it is off the top of my head.

burekbaba t1_j9yoe03 wrote

install 3uTools on your pc or laptop, connect the phone to the pc via usb, and then click on Log out of Restore mode on the 3uTools app. it's the quickest and fastest way.

cjaay72 t1_ja0hhmo wrote

My phone did this I lost everything on my phone all apps photos and messages history I got set back to the day I got the new iPhone 13 Pro Max

BLG4life t1_ja0r8kq wrote

Throw it away and don’t look back