Submitted by Klutzy_Revolution682 t3_yi4t3u in iphone

Hey!

I’ve been using iPhone 14 Pro in silver for a month now and it’s a great phone. The only thing that it’s making me angry is that I have somehow scratched the back glass even though I’m using Spigen case and front glass protector. There are some pretty noticeable scratches that I can feel if I go over them with my nails.

Also there seems to be some small air bubbles or separation of some kind under the back glass.

I didn’t notice that on my silver iPhone 11 Pro which only got some spots on back glass after years of usage.

I also didn’t notice anything on my previous phone which was iPhone 13 Pro in space gray.

And believe me I would if there was something.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Thames_CDN t1_iuh66g1 wrote

Probably scratched by dirt in your case

MTPWAZ t1_iuhkw6v wrote

This. Sand particles/dirt in a case will scratch the back. Especially if you take it out of the case constantly.

On the bright side scratches are superficial. Phone will work just fine.

Klutzy_Revolution682 OP t1_iuhc2a0 wrote

yeah i guess so… what about your experience with the new iphones?

Thames_CDN t1_iuhc7r4 wrote

Waiting for mine to ship. Ive read that they scratch easily

Klutzy_Revolution682 OP t1_iuhc97b wrote

which one are u waiting for?

Thames_CDN t1_iuhcelv wrote

midnight black 14 Pro Max 256gb . Ordered on the 19th ...... No movement yet. Lol supposed to arrive between the 4th and the 14th. I'm beginning to think it's gonna be towards the outside of that window

Area51wifi t1_iuiws6x wrote

My 13PM paint is peeling 😔

Klutzy_Revolution682 OP t1_iuj13kt wrote

what do u mean? where?

Area51wifi t1_iuj17wl wrote

On the back of my phone I’m noticing spots of where my paint is coming off. Didn’t drop it. Just had it in a case. Xs max didn’t have any of these issues. 😔

Klutzy_Revolution682 OP t1_iuj1pwf wrote

shit mate do u have a pic of it?

Area51wifi t1_iuj7q1h wrote

It’s something you’d have to see in person. I tried getting a pic but the iPad camera sucks lol. Random spots on the back of my phone have little dots of missing paint. Sierra blue is my colour

Klutzy_Revolution682 OP t1_iuj829l wrote

well i guess we just have to somehow forget about our phone getting scratched and stuff haha

Area51wifi t1_iuj933l wrote

Haha yeah it’s something I’ve accepted. Not something I’m happy about, but as long as this phone doesn’t give me any hardware problems I’ll be happy

Klutzy_Revolution682 OP t1_iuj9fhi wrote

yeah i mean we can also tell ourselves that scratches and imperfections actually add to its character and make it really yours and unique hahhaa

Area51wifi t1_iuj9yp6 wrote

I mean you’re not wrong haha. My iPhone 6 was practically flawless when I used it way back. That’s how I like to keep my iPhones 😅 It bugs me when I see chips or scratches. The stainless steel on this iPhone is crap compared to my XSM. It chipped so easy too

Klutzy_Revolution682 OP t1_iujcct3 wrote

yeah all that shiny stainless steel and glass everywhere is really getting on my nerves all the time. It was much easier back in the days with all aluminum iphones.

kaljisnedekha t1_iuj3rrn wrote

I had my SE 2 in an Otterbox case and it scratched up the back glass pretty bad - so I sold it and bought a new one.

I now apply back protectors before putting my phone in a case. I have no scratches on my new SE 3 now.

[deleted] t1_iuhntvs wrote

Why would you buy a 14 pro if you have a 13 pro?

−2