Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Remarkable-Sector-44 t1_iyc20v0 wrote

You have two active sims, and one isn’t getting service for whatever reason.

Glass_Pies OP t1_iydmxfi wrote

Could it be from me choosing the switch to esim and leaving it in my phone?

turbodude69 t1_iydpx9g wrote

yep it's the esim. i just added a 2nd line on esim on vacation, that's what my bars look like, but i have 2 active sims with 2 separate carriers instead of sos.

looks like you have an inactive esim or sim.

Glass_Pies OP t1_iydqaz3 wrote

I transferred my sim to an esim, I’ve actually been having problems staying connected to data, it shows the bars but nothing loads and safari tells me I can’t connect to a server randomly

Pretend_Ring_3871 t1_iyewkyo wrote

Remove physical SIM card from tray. VPN can be causing data issues, delete it and test to see if data improves.

Remarkable-Sector-44 t1_iyeaegj wrote

Are you using private relay? Or 5g? If so turn them both off and see if it still happens.

Glass_Pies OP t1_iyeaovf wrote

I don’t know how to do that, can you elaborate?

onion_surfer14 t1_iycz0k6 wrote

that may be true but i work in it for a bank and we have that on mostly all iphones. I think its ios 16.0

−12

XPGamingYT t1_iyda4jc wrote

do you have service coverage for them?

onion_surfer14 t1_iydpiik wrote

Yeah we’re even doing dual sim for some phones but I can tell you since upgrading to iOS 16 or 16.1 I’ve seen that on lots of phones

Business-Parsnip-939 t1_iyc9l1q wrote

that’s a really cool UI detail with the headphones below the battery because of your dual sim

turbodude69 t1_iydq9fq wrote

you should see how weird it looks with 2 active sims. now i kinda wanna see 3+.

i just added an esim when i got to mexico, so i have data and my primary sim is still active. it's super cool. considering buying another e sim just to see what it looks like hah. they're so cheap here! you can get a new phone number and data for like 5 bucks.

plaid-knight t1_iydxqv1 wrote

You can store many eSIMs but you can only have two SIMs active at once.

_Brandobaris_ t1_iycy7ss wrote

I've been having the same issue. When I leave the phone on a Qi charger at night, in the morning, I will have the SOS only (about 1 time a week since I update to 16.1 and didnt go away with 16.1.1). Don't know why either. I have to reboot the phone each time.

I looked and I think only one physical sim, but phone says I have access to another sim, that I guess is virtual? Even if that is the answer, e.g. a sim issue, that doesnt really help get to how we can stop this from happening.

edit: I have a 13 Pro Max

LeftyMode t1_iyeo8o4 wrote

I have the same issue. Never noticed it when I Qi charge though.

Also only have one sim.

NexiNext t1_iydid5b wrote

You’re other SIM card is no service

Expensive_Clock_3443 t1_iyduf3s wrote

Your other eSIM doesn’t have service so it’s connecting to another carriers tower to let you make emergency calls

reditum t1_iyds32x wrote

When you're out of reach of a carrier antenna but in reach of others, they provide a signal for emergency services only.

LeftyMode t1_iyenyia wrote

I’m on T-Mobile with my 13 PM. I’ve been having terrible internet connectivity for the past couple of months, out in the open. It goes all the way down to LTE. Had SOS a handful of times.

Don’t know what’s going on.

Desperate-Ad-6463 t1_iyday06 wrote

Isn't this the availability of the new Satellite Communications ability when you have no LTE/5G/4G signal?

−1

italianboi69104 t1_iydmxvx wrote

No there is a satellite icon appearing next to the cellular bars in control center. If you don’t have any signal at all then the satellite icon will appear instead of the cellular bars in the status bar