Submitted by StephaneCJ t3_zz4a2f in iphone

What apps have been your favorite this year, and something you'd recommend people download? Please also list the app's function, and if you are the developer of the app, please notify! :)

Please use the following formats:

1.Free

[My app]Free PDF Converter: Convert PDF to Word, Photo, JPG & Converter Word, JPG to PDF

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pdf-converter-by-pdfgear/id6444396920

2.Paid

Goodnotes 5: Note down, shape, & share your ideas with the world's best loved digital paper.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/goodnotes-5/id1444383602

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

akrazyho t1_j29giop wrote

Apollo for most of your Reddit needs.

Buujoom t1_j29iwja wrote

• Apollo for Reddit
  • Retouch and Snapseed for photo editing

cr0wit0 t1_j29jb0w wrote

My most used was Apple Music, safari and apollo. So.. those are my favorite i guess

0000GKP t1_j29m3ag wrote

I only downloaded 7 apps in 2022:

​

• Actions - this gives extra options in the Shortcuts app. It has been very useful for me.
  • Activity Tracker - sole purpose of this was to get a Lock Screen widget showing how many miles I walked for the day.
  • MusicBox - this lets me use the share sheet from Apple Music to save albums I want to listen to later.
  • Fenix - this is a third party app for Twitter. I like it on the phone but don't like it on the iPad or Mac. I prefer the Tweetdeck website on those.
  • Overcast - This is a podcast app. I downloaded it after reading about it, then deleted it because I don't really listen to podcasts.
  • Calculi - This was a calculator app for my iPad. It was perfect when I downloaded it, then just a few weeks later the developer updated it to add banner ads to the top of the screen and to change the button layout to always show a bunch of scientific keys instead of just the basic functions. I deleted it.
  • Calculator Plus - This is what I downloaded after deleting Calculi.

My most used apps as always were Apollo, Marvis Pro, MultiTimer.

jw154j t1_j29uz9i wrote

What about creating a new post?

One-time fee. "Pay what you want" to unlock, minimum $5 USD. Includes these additonal features:

Submit Posts

Create new posts in the subreddits you love, with an amazing built-in image uploader, Markdown text editor, and more. Some people are confused why posting is a paid feature, it's a combination of a few things. The majority of people on Reddit consume content rather than posting it (there's even a Wikipedia article about this phenomenon!)) so it's a nice feature to be like 'hey, if you're doing this, could you support the app'? Secondly, it was a common feature to make 'Pro' in other Reddit apps, like Alien Blue when it was around. Lastly, even though it might seem like a 'basic' feature on the surface, I put a lot of hours into designing and coding the feature in Apollo, and I hope it's not too harsh to ask to be paid to support my work.

Edit: for Push notifications you have to subscribe to Ultra, $13/yr (according to their website)

IllustriousSandwich t1_j2a1kib wrote

It’s been years since I’ve downloaded/bought a new app, there haven’t really been anything worthwhile that would’ve cought my attention. Been using Apollo for reddit and Reeder for RSS for the longest time, other than that, nothing.

Spyzilla t1_j2a1spt wrote

Lightmatic for a light meter on my manual film cameras. Free, simple, and accurate!

TAbramson15 t1_j2af291 wrote

The App Store has gotten so bland in the last 5-8 years that I barely ever try out new apps.. the list never really changes. Once the most prominent social media giants got cemented into the world, not many exciting apps came after that.. Don’t even get me started on games.. idk it might just be that apps don’t have the same excitement they used to bring us when apps were still a new thing to us, but just seems like nothing creative or fun has been created since. I only have like 20 apps on my last 5-6 iPhones and they are all present in my backups the entire time so never anything new. I’ve tried a couple games or apps here and there but only ever used them once and then never again.. I wish app and game developers would start coming out with cooler stuff again.

I also wish that game developers for the big Gaming Console level games would make their games available for iPhone and iPad.. iPhones now a days are just as powerful as a Nintendo switch if not even more powerful than that.. they are capable of playing big AAA level game titles and can even take advantage of controller support.. they’re missing out on a BIG BIG market.. everyone has a smart phone.. imagine being able to play full size main stream games on the device in your pocket.. it would beat any handheld gaming console to ever exist.. end rant. I want better apps and games man.. 😅😂

jw154j t1_j2askoa wrote

How? Ad soon as I choose post it takes me to the subscription page. Even the info above from Apollo says you have to pay to create a new post. Yes you can reply for free, but not create.

kellogg76 t1_j2at68h wrote

I’ve had Apollo for a few years, maybe I’m grandfathered in as it says I have Apollo Pro. I don’t remember clearly but I may have paid $1-2 for the app at one point but definitely nothing for years. It wouldn’t have been much though as it’s really rare I pay for apps.

xhedgehogx t1_j2awy6b wrote

Draw Things AI Generator is something new that just came out in the last couple months. While prompt to image AI art generation isn’t that new, being able to generate something offline right from your iPhone or iPad is pretty cool, all 100% free, even has image to image support. It has a bit of a learning curve, but you can make some pretty cool things from the app. The developer has made it work on older devices, obviously running from an M1 or M2 iPad is probably best. My M1 iPad Pro gets pretty warm after a few generations.

Developer is /u/liuliu

Baaastet t1_j2b11j1 wrote

Not new apps but Carrot and AutoSleep for my Apple Watch Ultra.

DoesGavinDance t1_j2b1lui wrote

>I also wish that game developers for the big Gaming Console level games would make their games available for iPhone and iPad.. iPhones now a days are just as powerful as a Nintendo switch if not even more powerful than that.. they are capable of playing big AAA level game titles and can even take advantage of controller support.. they’re missing out on a BIG BIG market.. everyone has a smart phone.. imagine being able to play full size main stream games on the device in your pocket..

If I had to guess I would say most people aren't interested in playing AAA-level games on their phones and that's why developers don't even bother.

Idontmatter69420 t1_j2b6njh wrote

I just kinda realised i dont really have a favourite app but the ones i use the most is YouTube, reddit and instagram in that order

Buujoom t1_j2bg8im wrote

Personally, I don’t find it a rip-off given how Apollo is miles far away compared to the default reddit app in terms of optimization and QOLs. It’s also my way of supporting Christian, Apollo’s developer, since he’s the only one doing the whole thing for the app from UI design to optimizations, and even dealing with the community’s feedback. Basically a one man team app, so a small one time fee of $5 is such a minuscule thing for me. But to each of their own.

FinFintyTin t1_j2brjr9 wrote

I search the app store quite a lot to find new stuff to try but cant find anything of note. Think app store needs a refresh

schmistef t1_j2cw0mn wrote

Stopped downloading/trying apps ever since monthly plans have become a thing. I’m a casual user at best for any app. No pricing model offered is close to interesting to me. I’m sticking to my old pay-once-apps until they stop working.