Submitted by hmmmmmmble_trauma t3_zycmgx in iphone

Hey everyone, so I recently got a 14 pro, I got the original charger adapter from amazon also I’m using the cable that came with the box, but when I’m charging and feel the camera lens on my cheeks or the soft part of my skin I can feel a shock or charge kind of sensation, but when I remove the charger it doesn’t happen, I’m afraid of the phones battery if this persists. What should I do? Or is this normal for the pro phones?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dskatter t1_j252106 wrote

…my question is, why are you rubbing the camera lens against yourself?

hmmmmmmble_trauma OP t1_j252oln wrote

It’s a strange world, so many things happen. I can’t remember why I did that, somehow the lens landed on cheeks and I could feel the charge there, please help me on this

dskatter t1_j252w0s wrote

I doubt this will be an issue, honestly.

Just don’t rub it against yourself while it’s charging.

hmmmmmmble_trauma OP t1_j253b06 wrote

Haha lmao, you really make it sound weird. Well I’ll trust u on this.

dskatter t1_j2540zv wrote

That was my intention! :)

Seriously though, I don’t think it will cause any harm. Plus that’s usually not a spot that makes contact with people, usually touching the lens is avoided so smudges don’t happen.

If you feel it on other parts, maybe just contact Apple and see what they say?

Northwiz t1_j254gxl wrote

1. Don’t do that.
  2. You are now asking the rest of us to do that.

I refuse. Sorry.

hmmmmmmble_trauma OP t1_j255170 wrote

Please do it

Northwiz t1_j25593n wrote

🙅‍♂️

hmmmmmmble_trauma OP t1_j255fv8 wrote

I know you’ll do it, I definitely know you will

Northwiz t1_j255k9s wrote

Trust me - it will never happen, never.

hmmmmmmble_trauma OP t1_j255zr0 wrote

You’re not strong soldier, you masturbated last week coz u couldn’t control your urges, now every time u charge the phone, you’ll have an inevitable urge to feel the camera lens against your cheek. And someday you’ll say fuck it and you’ll just feel it, I can already foresee

hmmmmmmble_trauma OP t1_j2550im wrote

No rest of the parts are fine, it’s just there where I can feel the charge, well I’m reaching out to Apple service now too

mechanical_banana t1_j25mi8i wrote

Are you using an US two-prong charger or any ungrounded power adapter really? If so, the tingling sensation is because you’re acting as the ground, conducting away any extra current.

It happens with MacBooks too, or pretty much any metal device plugged in but not connected to the ground.

If every part of the circuit is tested and approved to your country’s electrical standards then it should be fine but your best bet is to switch to a grounded connection.

This is just my best-guess answer. If ever in doubt about anything electricity related, speak to a trained electrician.

ACOJO5920 t1_j260gc4 wrote

Does it feel as though when you glide your skin along it, it kind of vibrates? If so then that’s normal and happens with iPhones and MacBooks when charging because of their metal build