Submitted by [deleted] t3_10ty5z3 in jerseycity

In the next few weeks, I will be in Hillside for a week. Looking for any suggestions for stuff to do while im not working. Cool stuff to see places to not be robbed, ykno... the usual. Also NOT getting run over would be cool

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

DontBeEvil1 t1_j7cgifn wrote

People in this sub are only familiar with Downtown Jersey City.

[deleted] OP t1_j7ch731 wrote

Lmao thanks for the honesty man! Im more familiar with S jersey and philly but havent been to eaiter in about 15 years so i figured it wouldnt hurt to ask. Stay safe out there, dont let your concilwoman hit ya where the good lord split ya

Brudesandwich t1_j7bxxuk wrote

Not much there that isn't some strip mall, that's a very suburban part of NJ imo. But you're not far from JC if you have a car, about a ~20 minute drive.

Knobbies4Ever t1_j79o2bl wrote

Hillside... in Union County? Not sure Amy DeGise spends time behind the wheel down there, so should be OK in that regard.

Or are you asking about Hilltop / aka The Island near JSQ?

[deleted] OP t1_j79qkej wrote

Yeah hillside in union, just figured id ask the two closest hub subs and see what i came up with. Good to know ill be a safe pedestrian, thanks!

Knobbies4Ever t1_j79vnd5 wrote

Maybe you'll get some tips here, but try asking in r/newjersey if you haven't already.

Have fun!

soggywaffle69 t1_j7cps6j wrote

Do you have a car?

[deleted] OP t1_j7ctt7b wrote

Yeah im getting a rental it will be much cheaper for a week than uber/lyft im sure

soggywaffle69 t1_j7cuj5z wrote

There’s a lot to explore in the area. Hillside itself is pretty dull, unless you’re into the sex shops on 22. If you can deal with the cold, South Mountain and Watchung reservations are nearby. Cranford and Westfield have nice downtowns worth waking. Elizabeth has more of an urban feel.

If you like to hang out at bars, there are plenty in the area. Liberty Tavern in Union is my favorite for a place that’s a bit of a dive. Short Hills Mall isn’t too far if you want to do some high end shopping.

[deleted] OP t1_j7d5sqk wrote

I mean... not knockin anyone who is into the sex shops but im hoping to find better things to do with my limited time! Thanks for the suggestions, I will def check out Watchung. Just looked at pictures and it is now a must!