Submitted by Impossible-County-57 t3_112z25u in jerseycity

Looking for any advice on the delivery of a POD moving container to The Beacon. PODS.com require the pod be delivered and stay onsite for a minimum of three days before they pick up again - but The Beacon only allows for a 3 hour move-in window.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Stillill1187 t1_j8mzt4m wrote

I don’t know about the beacon specifically, you should call them, but most JC buildings don’t allow a POD for moving for the very reasons you listed- they’re not City friendly.

worldlybedouin t1_j8n3vna wrote

If the pod is one of the smaller ones and can fit into your parking space, then maybe that's the way to go? I can't speak for the Beacon, but in the past I had a smaller pod dropped off and placed in to my monthly parking spot.

objectimpermanence t1_j8nd7p9 wrote

First off, you should call the Beacon management office and ask them. I used to live there and I would be very surprised if they approve of you leaving a POD container anywhere on the property.

Alternatively, you could probably leave the container in a public parking space on the street, but first you need to check with the parking authority to make sure you have the right permits.

But then you're rolling the dice because some of the streets around there are sketchy and deserted at night, especially Cornelison and Fairmount, so don't be surprised if your POD gets broken into if you leave it on the street. Clifton Place is relatively safe to park on, but parking is usually tight there.

Tommyp331 t1_j8np2qj wrote

Have looked into this in the past when in the city, so not specific to Beacon but there're moving companies that will host the pod for you at a site outside the city then will 'move' your items from your apt to the pod hosted on their site. The pod is then picked up there.

This obviously adds $$ but was the only feasible way I found of doing it.

brandy716 t1_j8nssvz wrote

Get a permit and put it in the street.

yesiam_samiam t1_j8plmdd wrote

Hi current resident of the beacon and I’m 90% sure they wouldn’t just let you leave something that big anywhere in the complex. I would reach out to the management office asap but have a backup plan.

I would also not trust it to sit for 3 days on Clifton, it’s….not as safe as you want it to be and lots of traffic.