Submitted by darrenphillipjones t3_yhk7hj in jerseycity

I've got a bunch of old tools and normally I'd donate them to my college's woodworking shop, but that's in D.C. and I don't have the opportunity to drive there just to dump tools off.

If anyone knows of a school locally that takes in tools please let me know!

Rather not just donate them to whatever place and having half them thrown out since they don't know what they are.

Might check with Steven's not sure if they do any shop work though. (This is mostly wrenches, sockets, older wood and metal working tools.)

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

upnflames t1_iufl6th wrote

You could try one of the homeless outreach programs and see if they know of a trade program. I don't know if there are any in Jersey City, but some towns have like free night classes and stuff like that.

kay141414 t1_iug1iw2 wrote

You can list for free in a local Facebook group, like swap/sell hoboken Jersey city or Hudson county on a budget.

manhattanites108 t1_iugb0k9 wrote

NJIT might take them, they have a large Makerspace, with a new woodworking shop.

throw_mercurialkiss t1_iuhw25r wrote

the DIY joint has been closed due to a fire since last year, but they have been offering some smaller woodworking classes elsewhere. Wanted to join the space myself for my own project but alas, came across it weeks after the fire, so I can't speak about them personally. I believe they intend to reopen and might be interested in the tools! Probably have a greater need than any colleges nearby.

https://www.thediyjoint.com/