Submitted by MarlonBrando1729 t3_zznzeo in jerseycity

Hi guys - I have a minor dent in the front bumper lip of the car. Please see the bottom left in the photo (below the number plate). Could anyone here please suggest how can I rectify it? Can I do it myself? Or would someone know of an "honest" auto mechanic who can help with this? If yes, then how much will that cost? I feel it is not a big job so maybe under 100 bucks?

​

https://preview.redd.it/3lil5dg0m69a1.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4e6d0dcbe1cce9bfd379fa8b725a5cced777761d

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

el_tigrox t1_j2dxeam wrote

I mean this in the best possible way: You probably shouldn’t show your license plate

MrLurker698 t1_j2e05zz wrote

You’re looking for an auto body shop/person, not a mechanic. Some may take offense since they do very different work.

I recommend posting it in a Mazda sub for estimated quote from people. If the piece is plastic, usually it needs to be fully replaced so even something like that trim piece could cost over $500 easily.

pixel_of_moral_decay t1_j2f0lmf wrote

Yea, generally if you can't put your hand inside/behind and pop it back out, you're going to end up replacing it for those plastic parts.

If it were me, I'd give exactly that a shot. If I can do it and looks good, yay, I just saved money. If not, going to replace it anyway. No harm in trying.