Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

joelav t1_ixxjyzg wrote

Depends. In some towns (especially Boston) that knife is illegal to carry either way. 2.5” blade limit

In other towns you can carry it either way as long as it’s not a specific type of knife listed in section 10b. Which are legal to own, but never legal to carry.

Statest16 t1_ixzbc4u wrote

I think 3&1/2 inch folding buck style knives for work purposes are legal ,what blue collar working like a carpenter or plumber does not carry one.

I think for self defense you would need a LTC,carrying mace would make more sense,I'd call your police chief and ask!

​

https://www.knifeden.com/knife-laws-in-massachusetts/

nebirah t1_ixywxtt wrote

Why do you need to carry a knife?

−2

Fine_Adhesiveness181 OP t1_ixz2rmt wrote

not a good area

joelav t1_ixz5ffn wrote

If it’s such a bad area you think you need a knife for protection, you’re just going to escalate the situation and get shot. Or stabbed with your own knife. Likely both.

warlocc_ t1_ixzorwt wrote

Legally and for your own safety, you're better off with a gun. Unless you're in a place with crappy police, it's not that big a deal to go through the process.

bobrob48 t1_iy00i2h wrote

Knives are generally a terrible choice for self defense. Their use requires you to get close to the person trying to harm you. In that instance, they could take your knife, and then it’s bad news. Instead, consider getting pepper spray/gel, or carry a concealed firearm. Or even better, get really good at running.

Fine_Adhesiveness181 OP t1_iy6ur4q wrote

honestly since it’s a bad area i grew up always carrying something, kind of just for comfort as it brought me a little more sense of safety i guess. also just for the hell of it which sounds really stupid on my part but, ehh. id rather ask around and carry a knife legally while being stupid rather then carrying a knife illegally and stupid.

SYNTHLORD t1_ixzptgc wrote

What are you a vampire hunter? Do you live in Morytania?

Don’t try to protect yourself with a knife even if it has supernatural properties. Nobody was that stupid even in the dark ages when all they had were blades and leeches for medicine.

DarthT15 t1_iybdrxo wrote

>leeches for medicine.

But they're still useful, maggots are even used to clean wounds in some places.

CapeCodcultuvation t1_ixxib0z wrote

Google

−12

Fine_Adhesiveness181 OP t1_ixxix7c wrote

google gave me shit answers, some sources said it had to be concealed, others said it had to be unconcealed, and others said not at all. aint gotta be a dick about it.