Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Starlightandspirits t1_j68wjpn wrote

My yard is covered in snow. We had 2 stoms last week.

No-Go-Rt128 t1_j699gif wrote

Cool. 10-30 years ago it would be measured in feet and not inches with mud the next week.

Transplant?

Starlightandspirits t1_j69ack8 wrote

No. I'm a lifer. I remember alot more snow than this too. Im also in the Berkshires. People forget there's more to Massachusetts than western mass and Boston.

No-Go-Rt128 t1_j69ci9d wrote

Even if you look back in the 50s there was foot upon foot in CT in December. Seems like it’s steadily gone down for 50 yrs

Thanks just being a dick calling you a transplant

Starlightandspirits t1_j69al8b wrote

We have about a foot here right now. I. A little bit of an elevation too. Up near the Mohawk trail.

No-Go-Rt128 t1_j69ceq2 wrote

The last stronghold of MA winter - I hope you fully enjoy it! Sounds nice and what a beautiful region over there.

rmajkr t1_j6aogn3 wrote

I do love snow, but I’m OK with a winter off here and there.

richg0404 t1_j6apq49 wrote

Come vist North Central Mass. We have snow.

Notmystationbro t1_j6704qj wrote

About damn time !

−1

Linux-Is-Best t1_j675pfj wrote

If only that was now and not from 2021, eh?

This winter was disappointing. It was, thankfully, not a cold winter, but when it did get cold, it was like we got nothing for it. If it gets cold enough, I at least want some snow to go with it.

−2

Adorable_List3836 t1_j676e1k wrote

Winter’s not over yet bud

ksoops t1_j6786v0 wrote

Basically over. I've got flowers sprouting in my front yard and tomorrow it's going to be almost 50. In just ~30 days it will be March

Adorable_List3836 t1_j67bfa0 wrote

I’ve got flowers budding too but I’ll stand by my statement, winter isn’t over yet, you never know, it’s New England, we’ll get something before springtime.

[deleted] t1_j67xi4z wrote

[removed]

−1

A_Man_Who_Writes t1_j686b3n wrote

You mean Autumn?

No-Go-Rt128 t1_j6990ji wrote

Uhh, no. Spring. Autumn isn’t as cold as it used to be. It’s wetter. Hence spring and mud season. The difference is now we have an Everything Dies Spring and Flowers Out Mud Season. Or whatever you want to call them. Every season is warmer and wetter now. Thanks, Climate Change & Conservative Scum

A_Man_Who_Writes t1_j6863qi wrote

Bro says what? We just got back-to-back snow storms. A couple lows next week are in the negatives. You know February always gets bitter cold. Just you wait. Winter is far from over. Those flowers will die.

ksoops t1_j688dnq wrote

Feb is on average warmer than january

Edit: I guess people like downvoting facts... Here's climate data for Worcester, for example: Worcester Climate

I invite you to link me to any city's climate data in MA that shows Feb is colder than Jan.

No-Go-Rt128 t1_j6997jw wrote

You sound like the climate change deniers saying BUT IT SNOWED 🥴

A_Man_Who_Writes t1_j69dmbg wrote

Not even close bud. But good try

No-Go-Rt128 t1_j69idgg wrote

Keep denying reality

Back to back snowstorms lmfao

A_Man_Who_Writes t1_j69vt3m wrote

Did I ever deny the warming? And did we not just get back to back snowstorms? I was simply responding to the fact that the person said winter was pretty much over. It isn’t. I did not, by saying that, deny climate change. Go find someone else to be a shit to.

No-Go-Rt128 t1_j69w9y3 wrote

It’s over for all intensive purposes, it’s Seattle MA now

richg0404 t1_j6aq0vp wrote

> tomorrow it's going to be almost 50.

and the forecast for next weekend is for temps to not even come close to getting about freezing.

ksoops t1_j6b7gjw wrote

the horror. Might need a sweater

Linux-Is-Best t1_j678weu wrote

Yep. For the past few years, February has felt more like March, and March more like April. I suspect after the 1st week or so, I can suspect days I can forget my jacket.

−4

BannedMyName t1_j6781r3 wrote

It's not even February

marbleriver OP t1_j679alz wrote

When I took this photo in January of 2021, the ponds in my area (NE Mass) had ice-fishers all over them. Today? All open water.

Linux-Is-Best t1_j678oqp wrote

> It's not even February

In the last few years, February feels like March, and March is like April. I give the 1st week or so, before I can sometimes forget my jacket.

No-Go-Rt128 t1_j699lm0 wrote

These whackjobs will deny everything til the very end because they rely on their anecdotal bs