Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ScientistMan96 t1_j6n7kep wrote

Looks like it was from something dripping down from above that made a puddle, then froze and started making the pole in the center.

I'd assume coolant from a vehicle that was parked there, assuming there isn't something like a pipe or machinery out of frame over the site.

Also checks out with that insulation bad in the top right that looks like it has a dent the size of a normal tire, like someone pulled up to far when parking and ran into it slightly. Would also then put the puddle around the side of a radiator or coolant tank.

idrownedmyfish77 OP t1_j6n7o4v wrote

This is directly under one of the boilers

ScientistMan96 t1_j6n9xz2 wrote

Then I'd get to checking said boiler and local attached bits for a leak, pronto.

Puddle of colored fluid gathering underneath something as dangerous and important as a powerplant boiler would/should be cause for huge alarm, not "huh, neat. Wonder what that is" :P

Though the more I look at it the more it still looks lime a vehicle was parked there and leaked. Can see what looks like a tire track leading up to the smushed bag (less tread mark, more even width path lacking dirt amd sand)

idrownedmyfish77 OP t1_j6nb998 wrote

That track is probably just from my boot being wet from walking through the snow a few feet away. And there’s nothing in that boiler that should be pink. More specifically it’s right underneath a drain valve, water drips off it all the time

−2

MarsNeedsRabbits t1_j6n8z1k wrote

Maybe Serratia marcescens, a bacteria found in soil, on animals, and on food, pretty much everywhere. It grows especially well in toilets, on tub wall, on food, on laundry, in ice machines, etc. It loves to eat shampoo and soap residue in bathrooms for the phosphorus they contain. It leaves a pretty pink, pinkish orange or orange red stain. You live with it every day all day. It's the pink slime in your dog's dish, your shower, and your toilet.

Fun fact: it is in the same family, Yersiniaceae, as the Black Plague, but with nowhere near the result.

Or maybe someone dropped a red Jolly Rancher, and the ice is coloured by that.

Probably one of those.

she-who t1_j6n5uvp wrote

you had me at "near a power plant"