Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Mister_DelbertGrady t1_jd0e2eu wrote

Used to be a fan of them, mainly MCU, however think they should have scaled it back after Endgame. It was a pretty solid 10 year run and now it feels worn down and very saturated. You told a great story, with a great villain and interwoven characters. Now you keep throwing chapters back into the mix that aren’t as well done and feel disconnected.

I do enjoy the one off movies/events that have happened like Werewolf By Night and DC’s The Batman. I feel the whole interwoven universe actually ends up hurting these movies because everything has to be connected and consumed in order to understand the next thing.

Also, the fanbases became a hive mind, and egotistical. Any criticism, even when it’s due, is met with pitchforks and lashing out. That alone is a reason for people to steer away from them.

BoldAsAnAxis t1_jd0d6x3 wrote

I’m neutral when it comes to superhero films, generally not my cup of tea but I don’t judge. But I think they’ll probably go the route of westerns and to a lesser extent, mafia movies, where future generations roll their eyes and acknowledge that there were some all time great movies made in the genre but also wonder how their grandparents didn’t get bored after decade after decade of so many of them being made.

Citizensssnips t1_jd0fr9p wrote

I think it's far more likely my future grandkids will beg me to take them to the next spider-man film.

Dragonborn83196 t1_jd0dqcq wrote

I’ve just lost interest and grown tired of MCU specifically after Avengers: Endgame. I only saw Spider-Man: No Way Home because I knew Tobey Maguire was going to be in it as well as Alfred Molina and Willem Dafoe. Other than that it’s going to be a good long while until I am interested in watching them again. However I desperately would love to see DC make good movies. The Batman was pretty good, but as I said I would like to see them make some that are actually well good….but I’m picky that’s just me

zillskillnillfrill t1_jd0ejsk wrote

I think we've all been over saturated with the DC and Marvel franchises. Definitely been overcooked

Kno_Warah_Mean t1_jd0f3zp wrote

Someone said it best in regards to everything after endgame, in that it feels like you’re doing side quests after the main campaign is done.