Submitted by SnacksAndThings t3_12803ce in movies

My fiancé and I take edibles every Friday and watch either a funny movie or a movie that will blow our minds.

Last week, we watched an anime movie on Hulu called Inu-oh, and it was one of the best experiences! The music paired perfectly with the animation and it was a great journey for the both of us (seriously, it's pretty great sober, too! Go watch).

I'm looking for something similar. It doesn't have to be the same type of story or even animation, I just want a visually stunning experience paired with even better music. Preferably with a deep, meaninful story, but this isn't required!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

sakecat t1_jeglq5u wrote

Baraka is great but no real story, just amazing visuals and music.

Along the same lines is the Koyaanisqatsi trilogy of films. The visuals tell the story of nature and humans without any dialogue or plot. Look them up and that description will make more sense

MootRevolution t1_jeh0f45 wrote

The life aquatic, a Wes Anderson movie.

ToriWithTheCape t1_jeglxmz wrote

Watch Garden of Words, an anime movie that takes place in the most beautiful park ever — shinjuku gyooen in Tokyo.

For live action, Good Time with Robert Pattinson is a fast paced and visually pleasing movie. Very dramatic lighting and lots of action

alixbd t1_jego6pb wrote

What dreams may come is kind of a trip, but could get pretty intense.

michaelyup t1_jegwfwd wrote

That’s what I was going to recommend. But only if you’re up for an emotional rollercoaster.

VeryGoodRobot t1_jegouza wrote

I don't know about edibles, but Barry Lyndon (1975) is the most visually beautiful movie I've ever seen, and it has amazing music.

Good luck in your hunt!

Alaska_Pipeliner t1_jegmkip wrote

I really like Sound and Fury on Netflix. It's animated. Basically one long music video.

cbbuntz t1_jegnrsj wrote

Enter the Void

Wide_Ad_8370 t1_jeh2tzw wrote

Brokeback Mountain is absolutely gorgeous and soul wrenching

NotShey t1_jegrmkc wrote

Final Fantasy, the spirits within

Your Name and Weathering with you

Both Avatar movies, but honestly, I always thought the music was a little uninspired...

LikeRegularChicken t1_jegsnwq wrote

Fantastic Planet, Labyrinth, The Holy Mountain, Blade Runner (cool Vangelis score), True Stories, most David Lynch movies because of Angelo Badalamenti