Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mikeyfreshh t1_j5vjfed wrote

This movie rules. I think you undersold how batshit it is because I don't even know how to explain the plot without sounding like a psycho. Really, really entertaining movie and like every Argento movie, the soundtrack absolutely bops.

Rahdit42 t1_j5w2cq4 wrote

A young woman communicates with insects and Scooby Doo’s some murders at a Swiss boarding school.

Was that psycho?

mikeyfreshh t1_j5w6gz5 wrote

>A young woman communicates with insects

You probably lost some people here. And you didn't even mention Dr Loomis and his monkey butler

Rahdit42 t1_j5w78gg wrote

Why would I use Donald Pleasance’s Halloween character in the description? In any case you’ve got to leave some stuff out. Donald is an awesome character actor.

Keksis_theBetrayed t1_j5wfmn5 wrote

I don't know about every Argento movie; Simonetti kind of phoned it in on Dracula 3D and Mother of Tears.

That said, Phenomena and Suspiria are my favorite Goblin scores. Both are fantastic, and I swear I hear some Phenomena influences in Michiru Yamane's work for Castlevania.

MovieMike007 t1_j5vmwuy wrote

Dario Argento’s Phenomena may consist of dodgy acting, over-the-top-gore and a non-sensical plot but taken as a dark fairy tale this film can be viewed a little more favourably, and while Connelly may want to leave this film off her resume it’s still worth checking out.

voivod1989 t1_j5vxxn8 wrote

This got a really cool release from synapse recently. Argento is probably top 5 directors for me.

bahardesty t1_j5w5n51 wrote

The noodling synth soundtrack is fucking wild. It’s so incongruent with some scenes that it circles around again and works somehow