Submitted by Blastspark01 t3_10k1dj5 in movies

Everyone’s seen the 20th Century Fox and Universal logos tons of times, but it’s always fun when they do something fun with it that fits with the movie. Some of my favourites are the Columbia woman beating up some zombies in Zombieland: Double Tap and Ralph Wiggum singing the 20th Century theme in The Simpsons Movie. The Universal logo resetting itself for Happy Death Day was good for the first couple times but the joke got old after a bit

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

wpmason t1_j5nvaqm wrote

The globe in the Universal logo was flooded in Waterworld.

I think Universal generally does this sort of thing the best.

In Pitch Perfect, the logo was normal, but they used an a cappella version of the fanfare.

TheBeardedSingleMalt t1_j5os91p wrote

The Universal logo which transitions directly to the opening in Serenity with ships launching was fun.

Also, wasn't also used for Mars in the Doom movie?

PugnaciousPangolin t1_j5pvvl3 wrote

>he globe in the Universal logo was flooded in Waterworld.

This was the first one I thought of as well.

eikerir t1_j5nuqbn wrote

Always liked the 8bit Universal logo used for Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

Blastspark01 OP t1_j5nvd80 wrote

That’s a great one! Everything in that movie is perfect

StevenDwightFry t1_j5nv5hm wrote

The one that always sticks with me is when the Paramount logo fades away to reveal an identical mountain at the beginning of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

batmanbirdboy t1_j5pcu9s wrote

They did that gaging all the Indy movies, right? And notoriously it was the CGI prairie dog hill in Crystal Skull.

No_More_Barriers t1_j5nv7w3 wrote

Harry Potter - I think the last two movies had a very old looking, beaten up looking logo of WB signifying dark days are coming.

Blastspark01 OP t1_j5nvb7l wrote

I love how it gradually gets darker each movie like how The Walking Dead logo decomposes over seasons 1-9

masimone t1_j5s22dx wrote

That 's clever for the Walking Dead. It symbolizes the quality of the writing in the show.

Dull-Bid-7051 t1_j5o41uy wrote

Spiderman: into the Spiderverse had a fun one for Columbia

Lucas18461 t1_j5nxu3j wrote

Dreamworks Intro Madagascar. The penguin beats the kid on the moon

edgeofthekings t1_j5olkq5 wrote

I like Kung Fu Panda’s alternate opening logo for Dreamworks.

floofymonstercat t1_j5o03rx wrote

The fly over of the Paramount logo into Zamunda in the opening of Coming to America is fun.

Shintoho t1_j5oejop wrote

Pretty simple compared to the other examples but for E.T. The Extra Terrestrial they play the 70s Universal logo in reverse, so instead of zooming into the Earth it flies away into space

Fluffy-Twist984 t1_j5olf95 wrote

Disney had a unique one for the Recess film from the early 2000s. It started off as a regular opening and then all six of the lead characters appeared and performed the rest of the intro music.

fantasy-pet t1_j5skbk5 wrote

Columbia pictures lady grows hair for grudge2 ...it still haunts me

BonzoBonanza t1_j5oo1fw wrote

I always loved the 20th Century Fox theme variant used in 'WAR OF THE PLANET OF THE APES' (2017). Still gives me chills.

JohnnyJayce t1_j5raexv wrote

2 Fast 2 Furious opening with Universal logo