Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

livestrongbelwas t1_j6d5w6r wrote

Goofy movie was accidentally deleted and they had to remake it. In an alternate universe, I wonder if the titles would have made sense.

Also, there’s a Christmas special with Goofy and Max on D+ and it makes a very strong argument that there is no Santa and it’s just your parents. Even my 3yo groked it, and I had to explain that Pete was a bad guy who only said things to hurt Goofy and Max. Wtf Disney.

SirJosephGrizzly t1_j6d66p9 wrote

I don’t pay attention to Pete. He’s just acting out. Hurt people hurt people.

livestrongbelwas t1_j6d7q6d wrote

Yeah, that’s how I framed it. “But Pete was right! Max stayed up to find Santa and it really was just his dad the whole time.”

I just needed to bombard him with examples of Pete not telling the truth and then got him focused on something else before he could think about it.

rgregan t1_j6d7f2n wrote

Well, the "EXTREMELY" in the sequel is referencing their skateboarding, isn't it? Its more of an X-Games/Doritos/Warped Tour version of "X-treme" than a literal dictionary definition of extreme.

SirJosephGrizzly t1_j6d8lg3 wrote

Very true. We need more films that overlap the Tony Hawk Boom Boom Huck Jam zeitgeist and the tie dye dreams of the 1970s.

finallyalright t1_j6d7tou wrote

That movie makes me very nostalgic. I had it on VHS in the late 90s. I remember Disney was still airing Goof Troop. It would be on in the mornings and afternoon at 5ish.