Submitted by Glansberg_ t3_11xin1z in newhampshire

I’m new to the southern NH area and ski/ride season is basically over so I’m getting ready to pick up warmer weather hobbies again. Would anyone be able to recommend a golf instructor or a good place to do some shoreline freshwater fishing?

I’ll also need new friends as long as you’re not trying to steal my kidneys lol

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Mynewadventures t1_jd37aj3 wrote

Some kind of friend you would be! You have TWO kidneys...

BackItUpWithLinks t1_jd386tm wrote

Find a Clark’s Fishing Guide. The green one was last updated in 2009 but it’s still useful.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/jzMAAOSwyktixajP/s-l1600.png

• OVER 450 LAKES, PONDS AND RIVERS COVERED -- Fish Species To Be Found -- Access Sites - Exact Directions and Quality
  • DEPTH CHARTS
  • TEMPERATURE/OXYGEN/pH PROFILES
  • VEGETATION LOCATIONS/DESCRIPTIONS
  • RULES AND REGULATIONS
  • FISHING TIPS AND INFORMATION

bassboat1 t1_jd3iq5l wrote

There's one on eBay for $80... ughhh!

BackItUpWithLinks t1_jd3jmqz wrote

Check the local library.

bassboat1 t1_jd3l9ly wrote

Here's the first copy I bought (probably '87 or so), I've got a later edition or two around here too. This and a Delorme map book were my bibles:)

Glansberg_ OP t1_jd3twwr wrote

Thanks for the the link! I’ll give it a look

bp3nh t1_jd4mx96 wrote

Depending where in NH there are a ton of good courses. There is a golf school at Atkinson CC called Willow Creek, they have some great instructors. Most of the courses have on staff pro’s that will give lessons. Willow Creek has indoor/Outdoor bays so you can still learn during mud season, which is just around the corner. Only about 3 or 4 more weeks till we can start chasing that little white ball around ⛳️🏌️‍♂️😎

fightfortheright603 t1_jd3bzif wrote

I believe theres a fly fishing club. I always hear great things about golf&ski regarding golf. Theres shore fishing everywhere but you kind of have to explore to find shore access. whats this business about kidney stealing haha

Glansberg_ OP t1_jd3u79a wrote

Yeah that’s the same sort of thing my cousin mentioned. Tons of ponds/lakes but you won’t know what you can access without knowing the area or knowing someone who does.

Glansberg_ OP t1_jd3vqbq wrote

Oh and the kidneys is just a joke about weird folk on the internet. I don’t want to wake up on ice but I don’t really think I would 😂

Hextall2727 t1_jd3fesm wrote

What type of fishing are you specifically looking to do... trout, bass... ? If it's trout, it's a little early for the state to start stocking the rivers. There is a link to stocking reports on F&G's website that can give you an idea of which rivers near you might be fun. If it's bass...sorry, someone else might have to help.
I don't really know what people mean by "southern NH" to be more specific. I live in Lee, and consider it southern NH (or seacoast I guess), but I feel people have way different definitions.

Glansberg_ OP t1_jd3ukeh wrote

I’m more used to Bass fishing but I try to do a little more with each season so I end up more well rounded over time. I was originally more into saltwater fishing. I could always give trout a try this year.

Queasy_Turnover t1_jd3hrei wrote

Tower Hill Pond in Auburn is great for shoreline freshwater fishing.

Glansberg_ OP t1_jd3uqos wrote

That’s not too far from me. I’ll take a look!

Queasy_Turnover t1_jd4fuew wrote

It's a great place for a hike too, there's a trail that goes around the whole pond.

boutell1 t1_jd4p6n4 wrote

I love Derryfield CC in Manchester, it is pretty hilly but I do enjoy getting the excerise at the same time.

eremitik t1_jd78jvv wrote

Can’t help with golf but the Merrimack river, when it’s low enough, has some great spots for smallmouth fishing from shore.