Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Leemcardhold t1_jdqhvpx wrote

From the article the maker of the ice cream is already out of business

NHiker469 t1_jdqkfqi wrote

Hopefully the store front is next.

−13

the_nobodys t1_jdqo2pd wrote

I think most people are going to tell you this is a wrong take. Not sure why you're pushing back so hard. Restaurants don't test their food that suppliers sell them, that is silly. They give the customers who received whatever was bad a free meal and gift cards to come back next time, along with their apologies. That's what happens

NHiker469 t1_jdqol16 wrote

I don’t care what most people think. This was a huge fuck up. Ice cream laced with drugs. Place needs to be shut down.

I know I won’t go there. And every time I hear of this place I’ll be sure to mention it is the shop that served drugs to their customers.

−4

the_nobodys t1_jdqoxki wrote

Well in that case, I hope for your sake you never talk to the staff at your favorite restaurants or chains about the times suplliers f*d up and sold them bad ingredients.

NHiker469 t1_jdqp1x1 wrote

Bad/sour/old ingredients happens on rare occasions.

Your food being laced with drugs should never happen.

JFC.

jwiggler t1_jdqrth8 wrote

"Man wants to ruin local business due to THC-laced ice cream incident"

Sorry dude. That headline would tell me more about you than it would about the local business.

RelativeMotion1 t1_jdr370g wrote

This person is a frequent r/leaves poster; a subreddit about quitting weed.

And they’ve turned their quitting weed into an entire personality and are now vehemently against it. Now we all get to experience their weird guilt about smoking weed through angsty internet comments.

NHiker469 t1_jdqs3fe wrote

LOL…sorry man, nope. That headline would tell people not to go here if they didn’t want to run the risk of being served drug laced foods.

JFC, you are thick. You can’t serve your clients food laced with drugs. Period. Hard stop.

Nothing you say to me will make me think or feel different.

I look forward to watching this business be shut down.

−1

jwiggler t1_jdqtd31 wrote

I haven't really tried to make you think or feel different, man. You obviously feel very strongly about this issue, and vulnerable that everyone here in the comments disagrees with you, so you're lashing out at them all, me included.

You should channel your frustration into a more concise logical argument and then present it to your local reps. That way you'd be pushing for what is, to you, positive change, instead of wallowing in the negativity you're perpetuating in this thread. You're probably not gonna affect change arguing and spitting venom at any of us here.

Good luck in your endeavors!

NHiker469 t1_jdquhf3 wrote

Sorry you typed all that out. I stoped reading after the first sentence.

−5

jwiggler t1_jdqv7w8 wrote

Oh. I'm sorry you lost the ability to read. You should see a doctor for that.

Hextall2727 t1_jdw5l42 wrote

Based on the errors throughout his multi-post manifesto, one could conclude he never had the ability to read for him to lose it.

Leemcardhold t1_jdqo504 wrote

Read the article. Store owners are not responsible. They did not know ice cream was infused.

NHiker469 t1_jdqon58 wrote

They are 100% responsible for what they serve to their customers to ingest into their bodies. 110%.

−1

Leemcardhold t1_jdr7pby wrote

Do you think it’s reasonable for all food vendors to drug test every sourced ingredient? Not just for thc, but fentanyl, cocaine whatever? That’s the only way I can figure to stop something like this from happening.

I think it’s safe to assume the man who made the ice cream will be held responsible and lose any future business. Problem solved.

NHiker469 t1_jdr8hsd wrote

No. Almost none of them need to be tested, IF proper due diligence was done.

This restaurant chose a manufacturer with a low barrier to entry, likely because of price, and stopped there.

Enter drug laced ice cream stage left.

Mediocrity and pass the buck mentality is strong here.

ProlapsedMasshole t1_jdrfczy wrote

This isn't some big corporate scandal.

Local shop sourced local ice cream and a stoner made a whoopsie.

You're acting like this is the Rajneeshee bioterror attack.

It was an accident and everyone is fine, calm the fuck down.

Genuinely, you could use some weed right now.

Edit: just browsed your profile and see you're a stoner who has been sober for 3 weeks, so now I understand why you are both being so high-and-mighty as well as an irritable dickhead. FWIW you'll normalize eventually, but you are being over the top right now and with the perspective of time you'll realize that.