Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Manchvegas47 t1_iu7g33n wrote

100% Rt. My wife spent $60 for 2 tickets for us to go, we lasted 20 mins, watching full grown men do stupid shit in diapers, and they make bank. A month later my boss got a call to give a estimate for a bathroom remodel, went to this mansion and it was the main guy, wanted it for Pennies, do u know who I am he responded, I do charity work everywhere, out of the spot light, biggest A hole I’ve meant. He does good for a lot of people but the other side not so good. Fake? Yes.

TurnoverTall t1_iu8ephr wrote

I completely get this. He’s a pompous windbag that believes he is a celebrity and deserves everything for nothing as somehow you will benefit just from doing work for him. He and his wife have way too high an opinion of themselves

Beautiful_Repeat_718 t1_iu84t9d wrote

> A month later my boss got a call to give a estimate for a bathroom remodel, went to this mansion and it was the main guy, wanted it for Pennies,

Sounds like any mansion owner. Or anyone else for that matter. Name a single person that doesn't want to pay the absolute lowest amount possible when shopping?

−4

Berzerk_Unit_Alpha t1_iu8blgq wrote

Smart people who don’t mind paying for quality work. Trying to get something as cheap as possible is a race to the bottom.

“The bitterness of poor quality last longer than the sweetness of low cost. “. Ben Franklin

Different_Movie9883 t1_iu7hy33 wrote

I went to high school with one of them total douche. Personally I think the "good" they do for people is exploitative. Who wants a camera on them during what arguably could be one of the lowest points in their lives?

myfacepwnsurs t1_iu7n8rn wrote

Is what they’re doing truly altruistic when they make their money publicizing their altruism?

Few-Afternoon-6276 t1_iu7s1yi wrote

Exactly!!! If everyone knew ALL the family details.. poor boy makes celebrity status and pumping his fan base to keep HIS dream alive…

Plaingirl123 t1_iu79ob1 wrote

It feels really fake to me and everything they do is for attention. I’m sure they’ve helped people but they don’t seem the type do it without a camera on them. Really cringe and over the top. Just my opinion.

Dollhousefurniture t1_iu8o5ou wrote

I’ve seen people with chaos and kindness tattoos and bumper stickers. So I feel like they have a following.

Even if they are well intentioned, they film all their kind deeds. To me, filming it takes away the sincerity and makes it feel exploitative. If someone did something nice for me while I was down in the dumps, I’d appreciate it. But then if they filmed me and put it on tv, I’d personally feel humiliated.

dc551589 t1_iu9zx01 wrote

They’re basically the local cable version of those people who film themselves giving homeless people money or food. Frankly, if I was homeless, I wouldn’t want a camera shoved in my face to “get my reaction,” either. I’d take the money, but I’d feel exploited in that it’s very reasonable to assume they wouldn’t have done it if there was nothing in it for them.

RCArtworks t1_iuaebjl wrote

They commented their own Facebook video of them giving $1000 to a homeless man. They said - “We choose to share some of the acts of kindness that we do not to be “showy” or to even get a “like”. We share this side because we hope that it inspires you to show more love, empathy, and kindness towards the world. It brings us joy that we can use our platform to spread love. The world needs more of it, and we hope that by you taking the time to watch this, you go out and shine your light on the world. ❤️”

It’s nice to show their positive deeds, but I agree that it seems exploitative. For the homeless man, he might now become a target for aggression or theft now that he has $1000. Do these people consent to being shown as vulnerable in the videos?

I’m 100% for giving help to those in need and donating to charitable organizations….but I don’t know enough about them to say if their “positivity influencing” and “charity merchandising” is ethically right?

starhoppers t1_iu87w5o wrote

It would be so easy for me to sit here and criticize these guys and get upvotes . But, I think they do good things for people - I can’t say that about most celebrities. And, in this day and age of constant negativity, I appreciate their positivity….we need more of that for sure.

Consistent_Drink5975 t1_iu8pal3 wrote

Exploiting poor and disabled people to promote your brand? Nahh, not cringey at all. What's next ? A school for kids that can't read good? A school for ants?!?!

Wear_Overall t1_iu7cuwy wrote

I don't buy their schtick for a second.

Empty-Hope1814 t1_iu8xhbu wrote

I have no idea what chaos and kindness is but I can tell you any car that has one of their stickers is Gona be a really shitty suv with a overwheight cigarette lady driving it aggressively

MemeAddict96 t1_iu94vzw wrote

Group of kids from Goffstown High School started a group called Recycled Percussion and were successful on one the big shows, America’s Got Talent, I think.

Anyway a couple of them started this Chaos and Kindness tv show thing that does charitable type stuff.

Peeeculiar t1_iu88513 wrote

Tread lightly. The "pitbull mom" posse loves these guys.

BeagleBox t1_iu9bik2 wrote

Whats a pitbull mom?

Peeeculiar t1_iu9bwrb wrote

In pajamas at Walmart. Buys smokes at Cumbys.

Competitive eating aspirations.

BeagleBox t1_iu9dukr wrote

Well, I knew it couldn't be good... I rescued a pitbull recently... its not an automatic that I need to start smoking, wearing pj's at stores and enter Nathan's hot dog eating contest, right? But, i know the kind of person you mean... and sadly, you're not truly wrong. I know fans of C&K that fit that description

RestlessVirgo t1_iu8ksv7 wrote

I work with adults who have disabilities at a non profit in NH and I don’t know, personally, much about them (the band, the store, etc.) but I know that my clients absolutely adore Chaos and Kindness and have been positively impacted by it as it advocates for people like them. It’s not my place to judge poorly as they are helping those with disabilities (whether that is advocacy, inclusions, raising awareness/money, etc.)

It’s nice to see they are giving space to people who typically may not have it.

poodle_vest t1_iu8hnsl wrote

Yes! A lot of it seems like disability theater to me. I'm sure they mean well, but it comes off weird to me and I can't watch it.

reficius1 t1_iu93hrr wrote

Yah, this. I did watch one whole episode where they participated in an Ironman competition w/ zero training, that was somewhat amusing. But when they start pulling disabled and homeless people into their antics...cringe.

MightyandBitey t1_iuaponn wrote

None of you sat in your elementary school gymnasium to watched these guys play drums on garbage cans, and it shows

dc551589 t1_iu9z0jx wrote

Yeeeeessss! Before I say anything I’ll say that I recognize the good they’ve done/do and helping people and lifting them up is always good.

Now, that said… the whole tone of the show seems super manufactured and fake. Their energy is off putting in the sense that it feel disingenuous, which then makes it worse when they’re interacting with people with developmental disabilities, and makes it feel like they’re using them as props so they can get a public pat on the back. That’s harsh and probably not entirely fair, but there you have it.

Stickyfynger t1_iu8c8hw wrote

I cannot get into them. The energy of that one dude (Justin?) screams anxiety at me. They do seem very kind but they drain my energy…

Beautiful_Repeat_718 t1_iu85is8 wrote

I've only met them once, but they were incredibly nice. We met them backstage at their venue before one of their concerts and they were just so happy and filled with this almost contagious positive energy. They talked to my kids and encouraged them to practice and work hard when they said they wanted to start their own band.

Honestly, I don't see how what they do is any different than any other celebrity behaves? A-list celebrities make commercials for TV begging you to donate to charity. In the last year and a half alone, I've seen the guys of RP give away over $30,000 to their fans in the form of games/contests/random drawing give-aways.

zdbosoxfan t1_iu95rq5 wrote

Yes they are very annoying

AlyssaB89 t1_iua8gxz wrote

Yep, I say this all the time! Do they do nice things? Sure. But to me it feels like they do them mostly just so they can gloat about doing them. Very self-important.

Cantide756 t1_iub1svn wrote

May very well be true. But if people in need get help so they can gloat about how good they are, I doubt it matters much to those kids that may have had lesser holidays.

glitteryunicornlady t1_iu8vjm6 wrote

I've never heard of Chaos and Kindness until now. I saw Recycled Percussion back in high school. Thought it was cool, thought they were hot. A girl from my school with some chronic conditions ended up befriending them. The show does sound cringe. My biggest issue is their hair. Like whoa.

Edited to add: I graduated over 15 years ago. They had the same hair back then. I, however, do not.

nhbruh t1_iu8ytky wrote

My sister-in-law entered one of their “fitness competitions” they held in Laconia a few years back. Not only did one of them enter the competition but they won first place, which was supposed to yield money for charity. I don’t know if they ended up donating or not, but I do know my SIL felt cheated out of money for her charity. They finished 2nd.

Beautiful_Repeat_718 t1_iu9hfvl wrote

If you claim you feel cheated when you lose a competition because of who else is in the competition, you shouldn't be competing. There is always the possibility you will lose in any competition. If a regular celebrity set up that kind of competition and just sat back, relaxed and watched the average joe earn money for charity in need, you wouldn't bat an eye, but because this guy got off his ass and joined in the competition, somehow he's a bad guy?

−12

SheeEttin t1_iua2bfj wrote

Yes, but you also shouldn't compete in your own competition.

Beautiful_Repeat_718 t1_iuf4911 wrote

I could see that being the argument if the competition resulted in a prize for the winner to keep for themselves and he entered and won, so he got to keep his money for himself. But that wasn't the case. People were competing to have money donated to a charity. And his sister feels cheated because a charity in need got a donation and it wasn't her chosen charity? That's a little narcissitic.

Key-Gold9547 t1_iu9lgup wrote

I think it’s an interesting dilemma.. on one hand, if you lose a completion no excuses.. on the other I think an argument can be made for the organizer having a mental edge being the other contestants. He will have had a full understanding or exactly how the day will play out.

My issue would be with any organizers participating in any event in any sport. their full focus should be on running/improving the event and guest experiences. If the goal is to raise money for charity the organizer should be totally focused and getting people back next time, investing more, inviting more friends.

nhbruh t1_iubayo2 wrote

Exactly. I don’t have any evidence to say something nefarious was at play, but it seemed off to me.

Beautiful_Repeat_718 t1_iuf4mgc wrote

You can put your mind to rest that there is nothing nefarious about just not being good enough.

−1

nhbruh t1_iug18kj wrote

Yeah my minds been at rest dude. You might take a hike tho.

YouAreHardtoImagine t1_iu8l3ax wrote

Who?

hellsongs t1_iu861w9 wrote

I had no idea on what this was an after some independent research these guys look like DOUCHES. Also the graphic design on their merch is some of the worst shit I’ve ever seen. Some real vomit inducing shit right there.

besafenh t1_iuamaro wrote

The market demographic is elementary and middle schoolers, and the developmentally disabled (sorry if I seem to be repeating myself). As such the big truck/crappy graphics/Nick-After-School SlimeTime™️ cringe is allegedly effective at reaching disaffected apathetic youth. Or so I’m told: “You should see how enthusiastic our xx graders are!”

Yeah, they ditch class for a day, while these guys make bank.

“They’re a non-profit!” So was The Clinton Foundation. Bill and Hill didn’t miss too many meals while living in ghetto Chappaqua NY.

−1

itsMalarky t1_iuan459 wrote

yes. they take advantage of developmentally disabled kids.

real fuckin' weird.

ultraviolent-swing t1_iu7ocpu wrote

totally agree. nothing about them seems genuine and just seeing people in their merchandise makes me recoil

Wiked_Pissah t1_iud2sbd wrote

It's quite disheartening to see so many people thinking poorly of these guys when they admittedly know so little about them. Why not educate yourselves before casting judgement? For your information, since May they have very proudly featured designs on their merchandise that is done by people with a variety of disabilities. Henry Salas for example is completely paralyzed from the neck down, yet he paints and draws amazing designs by holding a pen in his mouth. A percentage of sales for his shirts goes directly back to him. They didn't buy the design from him to turn around and mass produce it to make a profit. Also, all of their shirts now utilize 5 colors. Those 5 colors represent the 5 people on average (5.45) that die from suicide every minute of the day in this country.

I have seen the happiness these guys bring to people firsthand. Last Christmas, they had a toy drive where they collected over 60,000 toys to give to any family that showed up at their venue. For free! And more than a few times, Justin has spent his own money to go out and buy toys or donate clothes to local kids he passes on the street. And the cash he gives out is out of his own pocket. Money he has earned. This isn't to get a pat on the back. He hates that actually. He does it to hopefully inspire others to do something similar. Because the feeling from helping others vs. Tearing them down is it's own reward. That's why I proudly volunteer to help out.

As for Jimmy and Davin, they are loved more than I can describe to you. They are not exploited or thought less of because of who they are. Because their disabilities are not looked at as disabilities. They are fully capable human beings. They are who they are and are perfect in their own way.

Beautiful_Repeat_718 t1_iuf3ang wrote

Ryan and Davin have known each other since grade school, haven't they? Like they were childhood friends and now that Ryan has money and is in a position to do something, has selflessly helped someone who otherwise would be forgotten by the rest of the world to achieve his own goals and dreams.

Wiked_Pissah t1_iufmyq9 wrote

I don't know how long they have known each other but they do seem close. I think it's amazing how they include Davin and Jimmy in their adventures.

Few-Afternoon-6276 t1_iu7rxfb wrote

Cuz they are!
I not impressed with these b celebrities trying to keep their dream alive by selling merch, beverages, and re-heated leftover variety show acts.

ILikeCrabbyRobots t1_iuffixl wrote

They seem cool to me, and huge supporters of New Hampshire, and our most vulnerable community members, friends and family.

What's cringy about them, exactly?

Infinite-Trader t1_iu8rvlq wrote

They have huge stores set up at all the fairs to collect money lmao

Nestormahkno19d t1_iu7sin4 wrote

Their memorial for the people killed in that motorcycle crash looked like absolute garbage. And the hair, god. The hair is pretty stupid, dude you’re not in your 20’s anymore, give up the hair gel.

−1