Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

lantonas t1_j62aodm wrote

Beaucoup dollars

jcwhorewrath t1_j61vb2r wrote

It's going to be an insane amount of is near power lines or a house.

emptycoils t1_j63f3f7 wrote

Not enough information. Height of trees, proximity to services or buildings, your town economy, etc.

Urban Tree is always top dollar though don’t use them without making a few other calls.

We’ve been on someone’s list for Spring since first week of December. You might have to wait.

Inevitable-Dirt-1588 t1_j63jrjh wrote

How do you know Urban Tree is always top dollar? Do you work for them?

emptycoils t1_j63k1wi wrote

I am a business owner in the industry that probably hires the most tree work every year in the state of NH

DeerFlyHater t1_j61sna5 wrote

Really going to depend on the site and the situations behind the trees. You're going to have to call someone.

My neighbor got quoted for 5K for a single tree leaning over some electric lines. It would have required a crane and other junk. He rightly decided to let the tree fall when it falls.

jgren91 t1_j632qul wrote

It's around 2k automatically if a crane is involved

RelationshipJust9556 t1_j61vmmg wrote

urban tree gave me the best price on a maple near the wires, ther tree had crushed my septic had to go to fix it.

but every tree persons busy right now.

sledbelly t1_j63w93e wrote

6k for two pines. They’re bringing the crane in to take them down.

Hot-Size6113 t1_j63ub4l wrote

30 ft pine in our back yard not near power lines, branches removed, stump ground down, plus a low lying limb on a maple, also not near power lines, cost about $1100 two years ago.

HowardNelsonJr t1_j64u4dl wrote

I got quoted 1900 for 4 pine trees that are really close together at the corner of my driveway. They’re probably 30 feet tall in a little square a few feet apart. Not sure if that helps.

bmadoriginal t1_j64u7h4 wrote

I got a couple pretty wild quotes from various companies in the nashua area to remove a few trees. Most companies wanted between 2500-5k per tree.

asuds t1_j64u885 wrote

Urban tree did great work for me.

I still chuckle at their name when I’m getting cuts out in my boonies.

Ordinary_Variation10 t1_j64y8pe wrote

I just paid $4k for 4 trees, all came down in the last storm, one was on the house.

sdemat t1_j6aqr8f wrote

I posted this question a while and got an estimate! Tree Line in Derry is coming at the end of February to remove four, 80 foot pine trees and a small poplar. They’re also clearing brush. Two of the pines are down a slope and can’t be removed so their guys will climb it and drop it. Two others are on septic fields.

Cost will be $3500.

randycannon t1_j6dahvp wrote

I just had 14 trees removed in Southern NH a few weeks ago with Souhegan Valley Tree Service. It was 5K total, calculated out to ~$300-350 per tree for mostly medium to large Ashe trees that were dying from Ashe Beetles. They used a huge crane and had a team of 5-6 guys and it took most of the day.

A different quote we received was for $6500, but that was a day rate and they would "take as many trees down in the day as they could" and that I would have to "pay an overtime rate of $500 per hour for anything over 6 hours" if I wanted them to "pop a couple more trees out if they had time."

The first company warned me about companies that do day rates because if something breaks or delays them, then you would have to pay for them to come back out for an additional day to complete the job.

TJsName t1_j61ztnc wrote

If you have enough of them with good access, they'll pay you!

carpdog112 t1_j63burg wrote

They probably won't. At best, they won't charge you. But they also won't chip the brush, do anything with the stumps, or regrade what they tear up up with their equipment. Mills don't like yard trees and pine isn't worthwhile for firewood. Processing firewood is also labor intensive so there's not a lot of profit to be had if they have to pay to take down the wood. Even finding people (particularly insured and bonded companies) who will drop the trees for the value of the wood is a difficult prospect depending on what area of the state you live in.

TJsName t1_j64dumn wrote

Good point, I should have added the 'in the woods' piece. Tall, straight, no big branches. Yard trees tend to be to knotty. We had ~40k board feet taken out (all pine) and got a few grand for it (and we got like $20 for many, many tons of chips). But our land was definitely closer to a wood lot than a yard.

ThePencilRain t1_j689obw wrote

A friend of mine had some MASSIVE old oaks dropped on his land a few years ago. Even though he had them not brush/chip/haul the wood, it still cost him well over $1000/tree, then he and a bunch of friends took 4 full days to finish clearing up the area and hauling the firewood to his dad's place for his woodstove.

SHit is crazy expensive and 100% labor intensive. A good workout if you like doing that kind of stuff, though.