Submitted by redviolet017 t3_119zeci in newhaven

Hi, I'm going to be coming to New Haven in the summer for an internship. I was wondering if there were any apartments that offered short-term (2 or 3 month) summer leases or if any Yale students would be subleasing. I'm looking for a 1x1 or 2x2 furnished apt, preferably below $1000/month.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

spocks_bowlcut t1_j9p1oqu wrote

2x2 meaning two bed two bath? I know tons of people subletting over the summer for around or below 1k, but all will have roommates and shared bathrooms.

Observant_Neighbor t1_j9otysq wrote

I doubt that any are advertised by landlords for short term as you suggest. Some students will sublet for the summer but more often than not it is when they are leaving in June and the leases mostly run August 1 to July 31 so the next lease is for 15 months. Even if available, I don't think you will find anything at that price point.

twentytwothirteensix t1_j9p6wlq wrote

I would check out the Yale Off Campus Housing and sublets Facebook page. A decent number of people post their sublets there. Within the next month or so is a good time to look.

eggheadslut t1_j9pbsm1 wrote

There are so many Facebook groups dedicated to this type of stuff. I found a few short rentals on FB

roadpupp t1_j9r26r3 wrote

Tons of summer subleases

scatematica t1_j9td9hu wrote

There’s a couple yale housing facebook groups that are probably your best bet, but will generally be a shared unit.

CrateTrained1029 t1_j9tpmkv wrote

I'm leasing my room from June to July if that would work for you! 700/ a month on Hillside Place, two roommates who work in publishing and the environmental sector. Message me!