Submitted by eddie964 t3_12586da in newhaven

We're happy there's so much interest in moving to the Elm City. We hope you'll soon be our neighbor.

However, this sub has been flooded with repeated, often almost identical, requests for information. Is Fair Haven a good place to live? Is Mandy Management a good landlord? Is it safe to walk around at night? Trust me, you are not the first to ask.

So please, before you post a general question about relocating to New Haven and its neighborhoods, do a quick search of the sub. Chances are, someone has already asked and received a helpful response from the community. If you can't find the specific answer you are looking for, then post away.

Mods reserve the right to remove redundant or low-value posts. (And if you happen to be a bot promoting a certain New Haven pizza poster, you can go f*ck right the hell off.)

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

newmoon23 t1_je5tsk3 wrote

Glad to hear mod enforcement may be tightening up on those posts. Unfortunately people won't read this post because people looking to move to New Haven aren't likely to be subscribed here. They just come and post their question.

>And if you happen to be a bot promoting a certain New Haven pizza poster, you can go f*ck right the hell off

Fucking THANK YOU, this was pissing me off so much for a while.

Wetteraukreis t1_je835yx wrote

I think a problem is you’re left sifting through tons of different posts with a terrible Reddit search function, so unless you create a new post and ask you might not find what you’re looking for. I recently moved back to New Haven after living here about eight years ago and tried looking through this sub for advice on buildings but it was tough. Straight up not searching beforehand is lazy, but if you do try to search, like I said it can be tough to find what you need for what is a pretty big decision.

If I may, I would recommend a mega thread for people to post about neighborhoods or buildings they’ve lived in, and linking that in the sidebar.

At1l t1_jedxx6g wrote

Can we report them to the mods?

eddie964 OP t1_jeegyw0 wrote

You can report whatever you want. Users who innocently post low-value content may find their posts removed. We remove pizza poster spam on sight and perma-bam the account posting it, but since they're bots they just keep popping up.