Submitted by catbirdgrey t3_zqbeoz in newhaven

Looking for someone with a van or a truck who can bring something from Hamden to Ikea with me or my husband on Friday 12/30 or Saturday 12/31. We need some help lifting it and it won't fit in our car. It's not assembled and not insanely heavy, just very very long, like 7 feet long in skinny boxes. Prefer someone with references or reviews.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

xamsomul t1_j102okx wrote

Have you looked into TaskRabbit? I've been able to get a job like this done for less than $60.

catbirdgrey OP t1_j102xyn wrote

Yes, I have been looking on taskrabbit too, I've used it before for stuff. I just wanted to cast a wider net because it's hard to find people available on new years eve weekend. I actually think I've got someone now but I'll keep this post up for now.

At1l t1_j0zyzlh wrote

I’ll do it for $100

catbirdgrey OP t1_j0zzcfo wrote

Thank you. I have a couple other folks who have reached out, so I'll save your name and I'll let you know! Appreciate it.

volksgeist_ t1_j0zkt1z wrote

Have you ever heard of U Haul before

−3

catbirdgrey OP t1_j0zldsb wrote

My husband can drive but he's not there as often as I am and he's physically disabled and can't lift the things. Between the two of us we can't get it into a uhaul alone and one of us can't drive and U-Hauls aren't cheap anyway.

volksgeist_ t1_j0zlsx2 wrote

So you want someone with professional reviews and references to come do physical labor AND hauling for less than the price of a U-Haul, possibly even free? I’m not sure the details here

−3

catbirdgrey OP t1_j0zmloa wrote

Not for free. And not for less than a uhaul necessarily. And like, people do this kind of thing off Craigslist or with taskrabbit and get a review or a reference, it's not something I totally need but it's a plus. I'm looking for someone to deliver a large package a short distance. I can help with loading and unloading just can't do it alone. I don't know why you're so upset about it. You could just scroll by instead of trying to start shit. You don't know my situation and like you said you don't know the details.