Submitted by MsDemiBurch t3_111j0wo in newjersey

I have been looking forever at this point. I already tried to get my doctor to refer me one but it never has any success. I have tried to go to Psychologist today for years and connected everyone on the list & never hear back.

I'd prefer ones that take Medicaid but At this point I'm just willing to pay out of pocket to just get my diagnosis's out of the way.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_j8f28b6 wrote

[deleted]

MsDemiBurch OP t1_j8f31ro wrote

I'm in the JC area but I'm desperate enough to do the 3 hr trips for one lol Since i am in the tail end of the state, im kind of expecting a long drive either way.

sharkb44 t1_j8f9nrn wrote

Center for Assessment and Treatment

Hey there, this place is located in Hackettstown, NJ but they only take Medicaid and do telemedicine(virtual)appointments

All of the therapists are good here. Yes, I know from personal experience. I’m a big advocate for therapy! I hope this helps you.

MsDemiBurch OP t1_j8fbwy4 wrote

I honestly get a bit nervous when people say its just therapists & not psychologist cause I've had quite a few therapists already that i went to and they couldn't diagnose or do anything besides on asking how I was which is great & everything but i do have a support system. I just need a professional diagnosis.

I did look at the site and they did say they can do what I am looking for but I am hesitant tbh lol

I appreciate you sharing this info!

sharkb44 t1_j8fdlx4 wrote

They aren’t just therapists. Dr. Todd Bennett is a Doctor of psychology. They also have a few more….If you click the menu at top of page, you can see all clinicians and doctors. I understand your hesitancy…but I can’t say enough how good this practice is. I’ve been with them 4 years(family and individual). Ultimately it is your choice and I wish you the best

MsDemiBurch OP t1_j8fxd7q wrote

Oh okay ill give them a try when i can, Thank you

[deleted] t1_j8hmvpf wrote

Hackettstown is really far. There are a ton of places in JC.

MsDemiBurch OP t1_j8i6u9b wrote

If so please comment them, I need all i can get lol Just in case one of the ones I get suggested doesn't work.

[deleted] t1_j8f5kh7 wrote

[deleted]

MsDemiBurch OP t1_j8f6k42 wrote

How did you find them & how did you get in contact with them, did you go there first or just called?

Thank you for the suggestion btw!

[deleted] t1_j8f76er wrote

[deleted]

MsDemiBurch OP t1_j8f8pez wrote

oops im sorry i just realized you said DM's are open for questions & i still asked on here lol BUT thank you ill give them a call when i can ^^

bengazipad t1_j8fcv00 wrote

I visited a Dr Eric Latimer in Montclair when I was living in jersey. I’ve had countless psychiatrists and he was the first one who actually sat down to work with me and listen to what I want. We’d spend about half an hour doing therapy and then the next fifteen or so minutes talking about meds.

MsDemiBurch OP t1_j8i7mxa wrote

Thank you for the suggestion ill look him up :)

fraggle-rocket t1_j8fkmft wrote

What Medicaid plan do you have (Horizon NJ Health, Aetna, Amerihealth, etc)? You can find in-network providers near you on the insurance website.

I know someone with a positive experience at Hamilton Behavioral Health in Bergen county.

MsDemiBurch OP t1_j8gceu4 wrote

The thing is I have done this before but I just can never find anything but just therapist that cant do much. I have Horizon i think but Thank you for the suggestion :)

psych_babe t1_j8gei0k wrote

Have you logged into your insurance provider’s website and searched through their list of in-network providers for mental health care? I find that a little easier personally than using an external website or source that doesn’t know the specifics of your plan, tiers (if applicable), etc.

This was how I personally found a good therapist through Summit Medical Group - I have Horizon OMNIA as a state employee.

MsDemiBurch OP t1_j8ggx2w wrote

I have i believe a few years ago and all i could find was Therapists that couldn't help me other then just talking about my feelings but not help with Diagnosis of anything sadly. I don't know if it would be any different now but I'm scared to waste time that is why I'm asking on here.

Tomorrowsworry1 t1_j8gi2yl wrote

If you are looking for a diagnosis try to fine ad “neuropsychologist”

MsDemiBurch OP t1_j8i6kok wrote

That sounds even harder to look for then what I'm looking for cause i never knew or even heard of those lol Not saying its not a thing I just dont wanna make my search harder

Tomorrowsworry1 t1_j8ix1iv wrote

Try your local hospital. My husband was just referred to a neuropsychologist at Robert wood

TalenaTaylor t1_j8hee8n wrote

I had found a Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (she can prescribe medication) that accepts Medicaid through Reservoir Health. Her name is Dr. Jacqueline Hunterton-Anderson. She’s very nice and knowledgeable. https://www.myreservoirhealth.com/

They’re not local for me so I’d use Zoom for the sessions. Most practitioners use Zoom nowadays for convenience/safety.