Submitted by Edit_Red t3_11c0scy in newjersey

I recently got engaged and me and my fiancé are having trouble finding a venue that will allow us to take shots.

We're both Polish and ideally, there should be a bottle of vodka on every table and guests generally make toasts amongst themselves. I see how this could look from the venue's point of view but since the majority of the party will be Polish (and are experienced in this type of reception) we don't expect anyone to overdo themselves. We're even considering a bouncer to try to negotiate with the venue just in case someone gets out of hand (if that's even feasible?).

Are there any venues that are ok with bottles/shots or due to regulations should we look in bordering states?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

plkamil15 t1_ja0zcr8 wrote

Venetian Garfiled NJ allows bottles on tables

MSR1984 t1_ja1e1ux wrote

Royal Manor and The Grand are owned by polish people. Possibly look into those places

oOooo__14 t1_ja5bgad wrote

We got married in Elan on Route 46 in Lodi. This place offered bottles of vodka and wine per table but also allowed us to bring any alcohol we wanted and and drink as many shots as we wanted. The venue is not fancy but there was A LOT of good food unlike a tyical Americanvenue, I'd definitely recommend it.

plkamil15 t1_ja0zjy2 wrote

Ambassador Trenton NJ also allows

bgar91 t1_ja2owdm wrote

How big? Polish ZPA in Perth Amboy does events.

tashabunn t1_ja41l5n wrote

The Mill in Spring Lake does not allow shots so cross that one off your list.

Linenoise77 t1_ja9g3ec wrote

This TUESDAY at HUNKA BUNKAS in SAYREVILLLLLLLLLLE its Edit_Red's Wedding. Come for the MONEY DANCE......stay for the NERDS. Special Appearance by BON SPRINGSTEEEEEEN.

Edit: sorry, i didn't mean anything culturaly offensive, I get its part of some, and a fun time. I just assumed you were italian, so in which case, MADONE!.

Edit_Red OP t1_jaa7o59 wrote

Just wanted to say thank you for all the suggestions! We've made appointments at nearly all of them except the Ambassador (which does not have a working website/answering machine apparently lol)

Chuck1705 t1_ja3t9op wrote

Good luck, but you're not in Poland. Maybe there's a Polish club that has a venue that would accommodate your request?

−6

Edit_Red OP t1_jaa7izd wrote

That's another idea. My fiancé has some recommendations from friends and many match some of the venues people mentioned here.